She Walks in the Willows with Pandas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One interesting thing that I learned about the profession, that doesn't have to do with personal matters, is that this girl worked at most two nights per week, and spent the rest of her time doing whatever the hell she felt like.

Also, SWMBO =/= stripper

musicsym1.gif
...I'm in love with a stripper...
musicsym1.gif

One interesting thing that I learned about the profession, that doesn't have to do with personal matters, is that this girl worked at most two nights per week, and spent the rest of her time doing whatever the hell she felt like.

Also, SWMBO =/= stripper

I heard they are forced into early retirement though. Better off working 40 hrs/wk while the work is there so she has enough to retire on when that time comes.......or marry some guy.

"If it weren't for my [horse], I [wouldn't have spent that year in] college" -Lewis Black

I love this quote and use it as my sig on some other boards.

For those unfamiliar, the story starts in the International House of Pancakes, where...

a woman of 25 uttered the dumbest thing I'd ever heard in my life. She said, 'If it weren’t for my horse, I wouldn’t have spent that year in college.' I'll repeat that. I'll repeat that because that's the kind of sentence that when you hear it, your brain comes to a screeching halt. And the left hand side of the brain looks at the right hand side and goes, 'It's dark in here, and we may die.'

She said, 'If it weren't for my horse...' as in, giddy up, giddy up, let's go - 'I wouldn't have spent that year in college,' a degree-granting institution.

Don't! Don't think about that sentence for more than three minutes, or blood'll shoot out your nose.

The American medical profession doesn't know why we get an aneurysm. It's when a blood vessel bursts in our head for no apparent reason. There's a reason. You're at the mall one day, and somebody over there says the dumbest thing you've ever heard and it goes in your ear. So you turn around to see if your friends heard it, cause if your friends heard it, and you can talk about what the jackass said, then it'll be gone. But your friends are over here, pretending they're gonna buy a cellular phone, and they're not gonna buy a cellular phone, because they don't even understand how the rate structure works. So you turn back, to find the person who said it, because if you can ask 'em a question like, 'WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKIN' ABOUT?!' then it'll go away. But they're gone. And now those words are in your head. And those words don't go away. Cause the way I see it, 7% of our brains functions all the time, because 99% of everything that happens is the same old stuff. We get it. All right. Move on. Get it. Right. But every so often, somethin' like that happens: 'If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.' So your brain goes, 'LET'S FIGURE IT OUT! Son of a *****! I wonder what that's about!' I wonder, was she riding the horse to school? No, she wouldn't be riding the horse to school. Maybe it was a polo pony; she had a polo pony scholarship. Maybe she sold the horse and that's how she - she was betting on the horse! WHAT THE ****?!! And then you realize that anybody who went to college would never say anything that stupid in public. And as soon as you have that thought, your eyes close and the next morning they find you dead in your bathroom.

Of course, with Lewis Black, a lot of the humor is in the delivery so I encourage everyone to seek out a recording. It's on his release called The White Album.

[/derail]

WTF is an "LP"?? Is that old-person talk for an IPod or somethin'?

"Baccckkk in myyyyy day!! We didn't have none a' this fancy schmancy A-Pods!! We banged rocks ta'getha!!! AAAAAND WE LOVED IT!!! You damn kids!! With ya rock and roll and your jitterbug!!"

Seriously Paul... once you left the registry... and you were driving home by yourself... without anyone looking... how many times did you sniff your fingers?

Or is this the wrong thread?

As Arturo has pointed out, my threads are sort of free flowing and the foolishness from one is going to eventually make it's way to another.

But no, we never got the stripper story, which was first mentioned in this thread. Anyone else have a stripper story? Doesn't have to be in the RMV.

Revvy, oh Revvy, you gotta have a few stripper stories.

PTN

okay - I'm in the right thread then; still disappointed by the lack of conclusion to the stripper story, but at least in the right thread...

Please don't think me a JO for this but.... I wouldn't feel comfortable telling one on the interents.

I got about 3

Back