2 of 3 kegs won't pour?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piratwolf

Reaction score
Tried to search for this, but got nothing--so I'm hoping the HBT heroes can help.

I've got a keezer with three taps that's been working great. I've also been using the same kegs, regulator, lines, etc., successfully. So you can imagine my frustration when suddenly two of my kegs won't pour. Here's what I know:

1. One keg has a dry-hopped APA, the other a mild
2. The beers are carbed
3. when I switch gas or beer lines to the third keg, the 3rd beer pours fine
4. I've cleaned all the connections (poppets, lines, faucets, dip tubes, etc) but the beer just trickles out
5. I turned up the CO2 to 35psi to try to blast it clear--fail again.

I can just siphon to another keg, but I'd really like to fix this issue if someone can help me!

Cheers!

Since you know it's not the gas line or beer line it can only be a recurring beer dip tube clog or a gas leak. By any chance is there a dry hop bag down at the bottom of the keg? Any free floating leaf hops in there?

As for leaks I assume that you know that the keg is holding pressure. If your beer is carbed at say 10 lbs or more you should get a pour for a while even with no gas connected. If not then the beer is not carbed or the beer dip tube has clogged.

Check the gasket on the gas post. If it is damaged even a little bit it can cause a leak when the disconnect is attached. Is the gas disconnect hard to connect? I have found that having to jam on the disconnect will shorten the gasket life. Think keg lube.

Good luck. Cheers

Thanks for the replies, folks. You're making me feel like I'm not crazy with this weirdness. JuanMoore, it's possible. I'm gonna take them all apart tomorrow and get to the bottom of all this.

I am experiencing the same problem tonight...for the first time. I was thinking about hooking up the CO2 to the out post to try to blow out any potential blockage.

Edit: I think I discovered my problem. This is a new "used" corny, and it had an incorrect poppet valve in the out post. Looks like I need to disassemble and put a new poppet valve in there. Not sure if you have checked yours or changed yours recently.

Back