Where to acquire kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roth012

Reaction score
Thinking about a keggle setup and I was wondering about different ways to acquire kegs. I have friends that do metal work so that won't be a problem. Just looking for a cheap LEGAL way to acquire a few kegs. I've looked on craigslist and ebay but no luck yet. Any thoughts?

Sabco will sell you kegs setup for brewing. Last I saw a new keg, from the mfr, was going for a little under 200 but you had to buy a pallet of them.

Kettles are lighter, easier to clean and Imo just better suited for the job. You can beat the crap out of them and they will show less wear but who really uses their brewing gear as a double duty wheel barrel?

I found mine on Craigslist. Got lucky and got one for $25 and then some college kids sold me two for $80 that steered still half full of Labatt Blue. I'm sure it was stale so I just dumped it.

Back