West Coast beers for trade (Russian River, Green Flash, Firestone, ect)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeBronco

Reaction score
UPDATED!

Im looking to extend my collection of beers. Im mainly looking for an elite few and dont take it personally if i turn your offer down. Im very fair with cost of the beer and an not looking to get over on anyone.

It seems that EVERYONE that is interested in a trade wants Pliny or RR Sours... That is fine, these are what my cost of the beers is.

Pliny (16oz) - $5.50
Blind Pig (16oz) - $5.50
Sours - $13-$15
Dark ales / Bottled blonds - $8 - $11
(including batch 23 Damnation)

This is what im looking for:
  1. Toronado 20
  2. Cantillon - Received
  3. DFH 120 - Received
  4. Zombie Dust
  5. Heady Topper
  6. Three Floyds Dreadnaught Imperial IPA

next on my list is ZOMBIE DUST!
If your a Pliny fan - 3 Plinys for a 6pack of Zombie dust.

Let me know what you have to trade...

Here is a LITTLE bit of what i have to offer:

Ballast Point
Sculpin India Pale Ale
Firestone Walker
Wooly Jack (limited)
Double Jack
Union Jack
DBA
Stone Brewing
A good friend of mine has FIVE FULL Stone Vertical epics sets (from 2002-current) that may or may not end up on E-bay when the 2012 is released. Offers?
Epic 2010 (only a few)
Epic 2011
Ruination (on my top 5 IIPA's in CA)
Stone Smoked Porter
Stone IPA
Stone Pale Ale
Stone Cali-Belgique IPA
Stone Levitation Ale
Sierra Nevada
Northern Harvest
30th anniversary Jack & Kens Black Barleywine (2010)]
Life and Limb (Sierra Nevada & DFH Collaboration)
Hoptuimum - Sierra Nevada Seasonal IIIPA
Green Flash
Palate Wrecker (12oz or Bomber, Bronze IIPA @ WCB)
LeFreak (tripple & IPA blend - Bronze @ WCB)
West Coast IPA
HopHead Red

ANY current Russian River beer... Yes ANY...
Blind Pig
Pliny the elder
Damnation
Consecration (sour)
Supplication (sour)
Temptation - Seasonal sour
Sanctification

428603_10150720162812146_534937145_11612642_1519601872_n.jpg

Most Rogue ales:
Chipotle Ale
Dead Guy Ale (bombers and Growlers)
Double Dead Guy ale
Double Chocolate Stout
Hazelnut Brown Nectar
Mocha Porter
Yellow Snow IPA
Voodoo Bacon Maple Ale

I sent a PM but I have a few 08-12 DFH WWS, bitches brew, hellhound, 120s, old school and all the other large bottles.

Any chance on a trade for the vertical series? I'd literally send you a case of the 08 WWS plus whatever you wanted.

If not, PM as I'm interested in Russian River. Let's make this happen.

I have a few wws's. i even have the rare 2002 one. Not really my cup of tea, but bitches brew and 120 look good.

Ill have to ask what he wants exactly for the stone.

Let me know as I have a lot of DFH. Send me a PM with your email and we can work this out.

I got two Headys yesterday, but I think I want to keep them. I'm going to head back to the store tonight or tomorrow. If I get two more, I'll trade them. I'm a sour beer guy, especially if those you have are worth aging. I know some are pasteurized now so they might as well be drank right away.

other stuff i have:

3 Floyds: several 2011 and 2012 Dark Lord
3 Floyds: about 8 bottles or so of Zombie Dust left
3 Floyds: 2011 Behemoth barleywine
3 Floyds: access to just about anything they sell outside of the brewpub
Dark Horse: Perkulator coffee doppelbock
Dark Horse: access to most of their stuff
Founders: Old Curmudgeon old ale (i believe it's a 2010)
Founders: access to their whole lineup
Jolly Pumpkin: access to the majority of their sours
New Glarus: Barleywine
New Glarus: Chocolate Abbey
New Glarus: Apple Ale
Oerbier: 2006 Special Reserva

some other stuff i'm forgetting

Well guys, Im looking for these first.

2x - Headys
2x - 120's
2x - Zombie Dust

Let me know what you want in return and we can work things out to be as fair as possible for both parties.

They sell for about $7-$8 a can right? Russian River sours are $14 from the pub. I could send you a sour of your liking and a Fresh Pliny for Two cans of Heady topper? That seems fair for both of us. Pliny is about $5.50 a bottle.

I may have found a few "Temptations" left over in the back of my friends beer fridge. They are a seasonal that have been sold out at the pub for nearly 3 months, i would include that as one of the Sours options. But my personal favorite is still Consecration.

i have some Zombie Dust and a bottle of Dogfish Head's Barleywine from a few years ago. can also get Dreadnaught no problem

Figures you would Golden... Did you like the sours i sent you last time? BTY you got a heck of a deal. My local "go to" beer store just got in a shipment of Cantillon. :cross:

Im interested in your Zombie Dust. Do you have two you would be willing to part with? Maby a sixer? I hear that a sixer is going anywhere from $10-13 and a case is about $35 from the pub. Man, i wish i would have picked up a case last time. :mad:

Got any 120's? I would rather only ship to two or three people. Its easier to keep track of.

That sounds good, let me just see if I can make it tomorrow. I've been working on my house so times been tight but I might be able to make it there tomorrow or Wednesday.

That sounds good, let me just see if I can make it tomorrow. I've been working on my house so times been tight but I might be able to make it there tomorrow or Wednesday.

I feel ya, Im in construction and i just finished a job. Waiting on the next one to start up (Stanford Hospital). Only working a few days a week and trying to scrounge up side jobs.

Grab your beer and fly to NY! I still have a ton of stuff to do here. ;)

Trade looks good. I have 1 Heady left and my friend just told me he doesn't want his second one (didn't like it). I'll let you know tomorrow when both are in hand.

i drank the last Pliny you sent tonight. helluva beer. the Blind Pig was good too. i wanna drink the sours pretty bad but i normally sit on them for awhile. we're about to move into a new place here in a few weeks so i'm sure i'll crack one open the first night.

i could probably swing a 6 pack of Zombie Dust. i'm 2 and a half hours away from the brewpub and i go to Chicago quite a bit so i'm sure i'll buy another case in the near future. let me figure out what i want. the Temptation is alluring

and Dogfish Head pulled out of Indy so we don't get anything. just got a lone barleywine from a 4 pack i bought a couple years ago when they still distributed here. blows me away DFH aren't readily available in a state as big as California

and Dogfish Head pulled out of Indy so we don't get anything. just got a lone barleywine from a 4 pack i bought a couple years ago when they still distributed here. blows me away DFH aren't readily available in a state as big as California

They are, just not the 120 for some reason... We get a "select" few.

Interested in 3 Floyds, and maybe some RR

I have DFH 75 minute and access to most of the rest.
I also have fresh HT coming from vermont at the beginning of next week. I can get hill farmstead and possibly lawsons if you let me know today....

I can get most dfh. just looking for 120... the Heady is really the only thing i want that you have/can get. and it looks like i may already have that trade above.

Joe, if he has it, make the trade with him. I was on the fence anyway. It's relatively new here so I only have limited quantities anyway. Once I know we're getting it regularly, I'll trade it without a problem. Thanks though.

I may be able to get you some 120, I will have to check out my store...

Also any interest in hardywood Hoplar, or Williamsburg Aleworks Bitter Valentine- Both very tasty Double IPAs I must say.

let me know if you are still looking for trades, I would love to get some pliny!

Thanks Ctayl9jq (What does the l9jq stand for?) But it looks like i have a guy getting ready to ship me some 120.

No worries, let me know if there is anything else that interests you... It's just my email address they gave me in college. It's impossible to find a unique email when your name is so common like mine!

Dreadnaught is in 22 oz. bombers, so I could probably swing 2 or 3 of those. For the Zombie Dust, I can probably get some this weekend. I have a hard time finding it in Chicago, but I'll be driving through Indiana, and it should be easy to grab on the road. How many do you want?

OK. I'll make sure to grab one this weekend. So that's 2 bombers of the 'Naught, and 1 6er of Dust. What would be coming my way? I'd definitely like some Pliny.

I'm currently in Ohio looking for some RR stuff, Pliny and Supplication mainly. We've got Hoppin' Frog B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher and Thirsty Dog Siberian Night as well as some Jackie-O's, Founder, Bells, and possibly Three Floyd's but they don't send too much out here. Let me know if you're interested at all.

Really? How much is a 6 pack of Pliny? 1 bomber of Dreadnaught is $12.

I dont want anyone to feel cheated or like they got the short end of the stick. A six pack is $33 +Tax & CRV.
If your more willing i could do three bottles for JUST the Zombie dust. I really only have a 6 pack i can trade until next week. That's when we get another shipment.

Price of pliny went up to $5.50 a bottle at my local bottle store. More people want it with the same amount coming in. They normally sell out the day they get it, but always put a case aside for my Brother in law and I. We have a good repore and trade beers often. It could also be the fact that i got them a trade for a VERY rare bottle of Russian Rivers Toranado20.

Hey man, Im in PA and making a Pliny clone. Having never had one makes things difficult. Unfortunately, I have no rare brews to trade. But, I would give a left testicle for 3 bottles of Pliny. Please let me know what it would take for you to sell me three for "collection." I'm in Pittsburgh and can send Iron City...:)

I dont want anyone to feel cheated or like they got the short end of the stick. A six pack is $33 +Tax & CRV.
If your more willing i could do three bottles for JUST the Zombie dust. I really only have a 6 pack i can trade until next week. That's when we get another shipment.

Price of pliny went up to $5.50 a bottle at my local bottle store. More people want it with the same amount coming in. They normally sell out the day they get it, but always put a case aside for my Brother in law and I. We have a good repore and trade beers often. It could also be the fact that i got them a trade for a VERY rare bottle of Russian Rivers Toranado20.

Wow, I didn't know it was so much.

That's fine then. I'm happy with a fair deal on both sides. I just didn't realize how expensive the Pliny was. 2 bombers of Dreadnaught and a 6 pack of Zombie Dust it is. I really just wanted to make sure it was a fair shake. PM me with shipping details.

Cheers.

SteelCityBrewery said:
Hey man, Im in PA and making a Pliny clone. Having never had one makes things difficult. Unfortunately, I have no rare brews to trade. But, I would give a left testicle for 3 bottles of Pliny. Please let me know what it would take for you to sell me three for "collection." I'm in Pittsburgh and can send Iron City...:)

+1 about just paying for it. I live really close to Bells and can get anything from them but you didn't mention them.

Wow, I didn't know it was so much.

That's fine then. I'm happy with a fair deal on both sides. I just didn't realize how expensive the Pliny was. 2 bombers of Dreadnaught and a 6 pack of Zombie Dust it is. I really just wanted to make sure it was a fair shake. PM me with shipping details.

Cheers.

Ill have to hold off for a week or two. One of my friends just came back from Chicago and brought a 6pack of Zombie dust with them. Ill see if its a beer worth drinking that much of. (i already have another 6pac coming my way as well, for a total of 12.)

+1 about just paying for it. I live really close to Bells and can get anything from them but you didn't mention them.

I wish i could. I honestly cant tell you how may emails i get about paypal'ing me some cash for the beer and shipping. Vinny and his wive have told me not to sell his beer but. I respect him too much as a brewer to go against his words. I asked about trading, that fine. It turns out that some of the Brew pub workers trade even the rare beers.

Back