Thinking of trying some competitions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the BJCP website lists competitions. It's not unreasonable to enter into a comp in a different state. Most of them are open to anyone.

Siciliano's Market hosts an annual competition in the spring. Cass River hosts a big one called Homebrew on the WEB. It's a spring comp too, if I recall correctly.

Thanks yeah I am seeing you can ship them as well, kinda of new to the idea just figured I have been brewing 2 years now and am open to a broader criticism good or bad lol and it could be fun.

Take a gander at the discussion on how to interpret the feedback. You can't just blindly accept the advice you get on one competition's results. Enter the same beer into two or three and see how they compare. It's entirely possible to get a "bad" judge or something variable like that. And make sure you enter these competitions at about the same time since homebrew tends to change a bit over time, especially hoppy beers.

If you enter into a couple and start seeing a pattern, then you have probably got something to go on.

Also, a club can be a great way to get feedback, or by just handing out some beers to knowledgeable homebrewers who aren't afraid to hurt your feeling... ;)

Back