Brewery Name help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OwenH89

Reaction score
I need some help naming my brewery. I am just getting into brewing but I can't stand being nameless...

A little about me... I am a college student majoring in Landscape Architecture (by the way we do a whole lot more than backyards) and possibly going for a masters in architecture. I love anything to do with good design and creative form or function. As a landscape architect, I am a bit of an environmentalist but by no means a hippie. You can usually find me outdoors or with my dog when I'm not in the studio working. I have a black lab named Bear who is constantly getting into trouble and drooling on everything/everyone and loves to swim.

Ideally, I want something that addresses my design background. It would be cool if my dog could be referenced too (not very original, I know). Since i still have no idea where I will be starting a career, I am avoiding names tied to regions or specific locations.

I am creative with design, not with names. Any suggestions are welcome... I need inspiration!

Thanks for the help...

image-3099288262.jpg

Backyard Brewing

Mossy Rock Brewing

3/4 minus Brewing

Architectual Brewing

Natural Landscape Brewing

Backyard Lab Brewing

As an architect, I went with "Trash Paper Brew Werks". I even use my stamp on my label. Perhaps use some architectural jargon, like spacial, temporal, contextualism, charette, Zeitgeist, esquisse, tectonic, gestalt. Architecture professors love those words.

Awesome ideas here! Thanks everybody. I like where dlslater is going with the "jargon". Keep 'em coming...

I'm in the Architectural / Structural Engineering field as an Architectural drafter.

What about:
Outdoor Black Dog Brewery
BearDog Brewery
TallTrees Brewery

Today, I worked on a project with an "amenity area" in the design and it put "Amenity Ales" into my head. I am still playing with this idea some.

Still looking for my lightbulb to turn on with a bright idea... Thanks for the help so far! I am still open to suggestions

I wouldn't focus on blending both the dog and your profession in the brewery name. Perhaps you could name your brand after your profession, and use the dog for individual beer names, such as Black Bear Stout.

The more I think about it, the more I like "charette"... For those of you that don't know the term, it is commonly used among designers referring to the gathering of people to create a solution to a problem, often resulting in multiple renditions or ideas. Some dictionary definitions also say it is the hurried, last minute work done by architecture students before a project deadline, a situation that I often find myself in. Thus, "Charette Brew Works" or something like that.

Plus, it has a foreign/sophisticated sound and I can already hear someone asking their bartender for a Charette...

What does everyone think?

The more I think about it, the more I like "charette"... For those of you that don't know the term, it is commonly used among designers referring to the gathering of people to create a solution to a problem, often resulting in multiple renditions or ideas. Some dictionary definitions also say it is the hurried, last minute work done by architecture students before a project deadline, a situation that I often find myself in. Thus, "Charette Brew Works" or something like that.

Plus, it has a foreign/sophisticated sound and I can already hear someone asking their bartender for a Charette...

Sounds like a pretentious Girly beer to me. I wouldn't order it.

Rough Draft Brewery

I love this one

This works as well. Definitely a tad feminine as others said. Stella Artois seems to do ok though.

Back