I need ideas for my new beer name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hilbert

Reaction score
I'm brewing a light ale that I will lager once it's done. The idea was to make a real light easy drinking ale for my friends who like drinking light beers and also wanted something that I could drink all night long. See this thread for how I arrived at the recipe. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/looking-light-ale-extract-recipe-100223/

So the beer should end up to be 7% abv and real low IBU like 12%

I'm short on ideas. I kinda wanted to name it after my father in law fred who likes light beer and I like to give a hard time.

so far all i have come up with is Fat Bastard Light Ale

I would love ideas if anyone has one.

Thanks

is this an original recipe? I am not really in to naming my beers, but I would go with "Fred has Herpes" lager

is this an original recipe? I am not really in to naming my beers, but I would go with "Fred has Herpes" lager

It is an original recipe. I got the idea from a base recipe and tweaked it with beer smith and recomendations from hbt.

how did you know fred has herpes? do u know him?
;)

It isn't really lagering. Some ale yeasts will work at lower temps (low 50s high 40s) and you can bring them there at the end of fermentation to clean up the beer and brighten them. It can have a good effect with alt and Kolsch yeasts.

Yeah it's not true lagering. I'm using nottingham which has a real low ferm temp. My intent is to brew a clean lighter tasting beer and giving it enough time to clear in cold weather.

Does this change the taste of the beer allot? should i do this also?

sorry to change the subject ... here ya go

As for a name:

Whiney Freds Ale
"light and tasteless"

Not sure I'll tell you in a month. It's the first time i've tried it. Everything I know i read on-line.

Back