Brewhemoth Black Friday Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an email from Brewers Hardware today, four of the things i ordered are backordered. I guess they are moving their shop and can't weld for a while. Thankfully (hmmm...) I'm waiting 45 days for my brewhemths and won't need the fittings til them.

I wonder how many orders Brewers Hardware had last weekend due to the brewhemoth sale?

Today I started building my glycol chiller.....

I got an email from Brewers Hardware today, four of the things i ordered are backordered. I guess they are moving their shop and can't weld for a while. Thankfully (hmmm...) I'm waiting 45 days for my brewhemths and won't need the fittings til them.

I wonder how many orders Brewers Hardware had last weekend due to the brewhemoth sale?

Today I started building my glycol chiller.....

What did you order that needs to be welded?

thermowells. The site claimed they were backordered until 11/30. Still says that.....

Crap.... I was afraid of that.

I spoke with someone from brewershardware, sounds like they will be cranking them out in a few weeks... I really hope I can get them before new years day.

I got mine today!! Just in time for the weekend. I was not expecting it that fast. They must be right on the orders. I am not sure what my order # is but I ordered it about 10:02 mountain time. I will be setting up tomorrow!!

I got mine today!! Just in time for the weekend. I was not expecting it that fast. They must be right on the orders. I am not sure what my order # is but I ordered it about 10:02 mountain time. I will be setting up tomorrow!!

So you ordered it an hour before the sale started @ 12 cst? Interesting.... unless you mean 10am MT on black Friday...

Either way congrats! Now hurry up and post some pics! :rockin:

Ok it must have been 11:02 mountain. I had it shipped to my work and I don't work in the office so I went to drop my stuff off and there it was. I will get some pictures up later tonight or tomorrow. Have to get the kids to bed first.....

Ok it must have been 11:02 mountain. I had it shipped to my work and I don't work in the office so I went to drop my stuff off and there it was. I will get some pictures up later tonight or tomorrow. Have to get the kids to bed first.....

LOL sooo when you say " put the kids to bed" I read *I'm sneaking the conical in so my wife doesn't see and I'm gonna pretend it's been there for years* … gotcha!

Ha, so many times I have brewing parts shipped to friends or work, lol. I consulted her on this purchase though as it is a little too big to hide!

Well it's looking good. I have the fitting from Brewers Hardware I will be putting together tomorrow.

ForumRunner_20131206_231057.jpg

ForumRunner_20131206_231116.jpg

1.5" for a temp probe. I also went with the mcmaster 1/2" spray valve so I can just use my existing pump, so that port may also be used for cleaning. I am going to get it all hooked up and see how good the spray is....

1.5" for a temp probe. I also went with the mcmaster 1/2" spray valve so I can just use my existing pump, so that port may also be used for cleaning. I am going to get it all hooked up and see how good the spray is....

Sweet, you got what I got although I had an additional 1.5" fitting on the dome in addition to the 1" that's standard. What length termowell are you going to use? Congratulations again!

Sweet, you got what I got although I had an additional 1.5" fitting on the dome in addition to the 1" that's standard. What length termowell are you going to use? Congratulations again!

I got the 5". I have a side by side fridge I tore the center out of it. I had my 15 gallon plastic conical in their so this one should fit no problems. I have some support shelves I made for the old one I will have to remove. The fridge is setup with heat pads to control the temperature. I normally just stick the prob on the side of the fermenter but I also bought a BCS kit from ebrewsupply and my plan is to set it up for remote monitoring. With a 3 year old and a five month old I just have to find the time....

Some pics with the fitting on. You can see I am missing the glass in the sight glass. I need new gaskets....I ordered some I hope will work from St pats, Brewers Hardware does not sell them separately yet.

ForumRunner_20131207_101856.jpg

ForumRunner_20131207_101913.jpg

ForumRunner_20131207_101923.jpg

ForumRunner_20131207_101944.jpg

What's the distance between the bolts for the legs? I'd like to order ferm-wrap and need to know whether the 11" will fit or the 7".......
Also do you need a 90 below the yeast catcher? I didn't include that in my brewers hardware order......

Drooling... I can't wait until I get mine. Actually, I can. Last night my wife walked into the kitchen to a puddle of water coming from underneath the fridge. Turns out the ice maker water supply hose busted off and leaked all over. I'm going to have to replace some drywall, moulding and flooring when I get home before I will be able to enjoy this.

What's the distance between the bolts for the legs? I'd like to order ferm-wrap and need to know whether the 11" will fit or the 7".......
Also do you need a 90 below the yeast catcher? I didn't include that in my brewers hardware order......

As to the 90, it all depends on the height you have your fermenter set at. It's 16" leg to leg on the circumference.

I don't really use the sight glass as a yeast catcher. I just use it to see activity and dropping the trub. The 90° elbow just allows better access in my fridge. I can get measurements but I am guessing since these are hand made they may be slightly different....

Got a call this morning to finalize the location of the thermowell & tasting port locations for my two Brewhemoths. They should ship by Monday.

I was order #7 :rockin:

Got a call this morning to finalize the location of the thermowell & tasting port locations for my two Brewhemoths. They should ship by Monday.

I was order #7 :rockin:

That's great news! I've been hoping... almost expecting an email with tracking number by Friday latest as I was order number 5. Not that it matters as the thermowells I ordered are on backorder, but I do have everything else minus some hosing and insulation... and a pump for the cip setup. Ok ok I guess I'm not as close as I thought! This ended up being a bit more money then I anticipated but in the end when I have 30+ gallons of beer fermenting in a temp controlled environment it'll be so worth it! Going to try and tackle Scotland's 120 clone :rockin:.

Dammit, i wish i knew what order number i was! Hard to believe that there is no invoice number on my cart receipt or my email confirmation....hmmm. I think i placed my order around 9 am EST.

Dammit, i wish i knew what order number i was! Hard to believe that there is no invoice number on my cart receipt or my email confirmation....hmmm. I think i placed my order around 9 am EST.

That's a bummer, as I said before I placed my order no later then 1:15 am est. The sale started 12 cst, I'll bet your somewhere in the middle of the orders. Not much help I know but hang in there!

So I am sure the answer is simple but how do I attach the 1/2" female npt inside the fermenter? I thought a 1/2" to tri clamp would allow a nipple on the inside but it does not on the one I got... Any help?

ForumRunner_20131211_164050.jpg

What are you trying to attach? Typically you wouldn't want threads all the way through.....it's kind of the point of the tri-clover and how it makes it sanitary.

What are you trying to attach? Typically you wouldn't want threads all the way through.....it's kind of the point of the tri-clover and how it makes it sanitary.

I have a 1/2" spray valve from mcmaster. It's just for cleaning. I am trying to see how I can mount it. It has a female npt so I need to get a male npt on the inside to attach to.

I ordered my brewhemoth and recieved my confirmation email at 12:13am cst so I'm also hoping to hear something soon as well :)

I also ordered a brewershardware cip and wondering if you guys had any input on this pump?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001PTT5JM/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Would this pump be a good option to run the CIP?

Thanks!

I'm still trying to figure out what pump to buy so I'm in on suggestions as I also have a brewershardware sprayball. From what I have read it needs to be oil free and the pump head should be stainless steel. I'm all ears for suggestions though, I'm fine spending a few hundred dollars for the right pump.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a little giant pump that I when I brew. I got the mcmaster spray ball so I would not have to buy another pump... I think I will just drill out a cap and put a nipple through it.

brewmasterorr said:
I have a 1/2" spray valve from mcmaster. It's just for cleaning. I am trying to see how I can mount it. It has a female npt so I need to get a male npt on the inside to attach to.

You would need an NPT fitting on the inside of the tri clover flange. I don't believe I have ever seen a fitting for sale like thus. You would likely have to have ut custom made. Otherwise get a brewers hardware spray ball

Back