Favorite TV Shows from your Childhood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah,I loved speed racer back then. My favorite episode was the 2 parter,"The Fastest Car on Earth". Loved the look & sound of the GRX. I always kinda thought GRX would be a cool name for a land speed car. The sound was great. The sound kinda reminded me of the racing Fords of the day. That stacato blue roar. Oh yeah.
I liked the show so much because any kind of motor racing was a gentleman's sport in those days. Now they'll get you killed to win it seems. I hate that "rubbin is just racing" trype. Poor excuse for lack of skill & poor sportsmanship in my opinion.

Anybody remember Ultra Man? It was a Japanese show, with the same type monsters and cheesy FX as the Godzilla movies. I have not even thought of that show for years, but loved it when I was a kid.

Abbot and Costello were staples on the weekend. Spanky & our gang.
We had one UHF station that we could get in if we played with the loop antenna that picked up Godzilla / Gamera / Dr. Phibes. (little snowy, but worth it). Picked up the old Batmans, too. Don't touch that dial.
Carol Burnett
Laugh-In.
Night Gallery / Twightlight Zone
Anyone remember Kolchak: The Night Stalker?

We always watched night stalker. Poor guy had more trouble getting anyone else to believe the reality of some gray area experiences. Seems to me we watched Ultraman with our boys when they were little. And Don Kirshner's rock comcert giving way to headbanger's ball.

I didn't read through all of this but if it hasn't been mentioned...........Voltron hands down was my favorite as a kid. I loved GI Joe and M.A.S.K.

Abbot and Costello were staples on the weekend. Spanky & our gang.
We had one UHF station that we could get in if we played with the loop antenna that picked up Godzilla / Gamera / Dr. Phibes. (little snowy, but worth it). Picked up the old Batmans, too. Don't touch that dial.
Carol Burnett
Laugh-In.
Night Gallery / Twightlight Zone
Anyone remember Kolchak: The Night Stalker?

Abbot and Costello - Who's on First Routine! We have that recorded on CD and when we go on road trips we still play it. The kids used to beg for that CD.

Our Gang
Laurel and Hardy
The Smothers Brothers
Martin and Lewis
The Marx Brothers
The 3 Stooges
I watched these as a kid!

Motny Python
Thouroughly enjoyed thiese a little bit later in life

Hogan's Heroes
Honeymooner's, late at night. Reruns, but I liked that group. Bam Zoom to the Moon!
All in the Family. Edith (Jean Stapleton) just died a couple of weaks ago.
Waltons / Little House on the Prairie. They don't make shows like that anymore.

Actually,The Flintstones remind me a lot of The Honeymooners. And let's not forget the original Saturday Night Live gang!

Hogan's Heroes
Honeymooner's, late at night. Reruns, but I liked that group. Bam Zoom to the Moon!
All in the Family. Edith (Jean Stapleton) just died a couple of weaks ago.
Waltons / Little House on the Prairie. They don't make shows like that anymore.

Jackie Gleason was Great!

download.jpg

^^^ Oh, yeah, Catherine Bach had it going! She is now 59, and not quite the size she was then. But, then again, neither am I!!!

glenn514:mug:

No Saved by the Bell yet? (I was always totally into Jesse - thought Kelly was a snot).

Big +1 for Perfect Strangers and In Living Color. I'll add Saturday Night Live back in the Chris Farley, Mike Meyers, David Spade, Phil Hartman, etc. days.

I used to think Land of the Lost was pretty cool, and there used to be a TV show that had Marvel super heroes like Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Cpt. America; but the animation was so bad, it looked like they just cut the comic books up & moved the pictures across the screen for the fight scenes; they even had the "POW" or "ZAP!" drawn in.
Regards, GF.

Back