Mounting a CO2 manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barrog

Reaction score
Hey all,
I just bought everyting I need to make my kegerator and will be installing it over the weekend. One question that I can't figure out is how to mount the CO2 manifold. I'm assumeing that I can't just screw it to the side because of the weak walls. Will I have to get long bolts and drill through and attach to the outside? How have you done it?

You don't want to screw into the sidewall unless you know for sure where your cooling lines are. But, I think you are correct that a thin sheet of plastic and foam insulation is an inadequate anchor point in of itself. I use a dual reg setup in my dual tap so I don't have the mounting issues that you do, but my thought if I were in your situation would be to make a small wood frame to attach the manifold to. Possibly superglueing it to the sidewall if necessary. But, I'm sure others with more experience on this will chime in anytime now.

Thanks for the quick replys. I like the idea of useing the tracks and zip ties. I'll have to check if I can do that. The idea of the the wood mount is good but not sure if glueing it would be good enough. well I have some new ideas to work with although keep them comeing if you have more. Cheers!!

My thought was more, depending on the fridge size and shape, making a wood frame to support the manifold and use the glue to keep it held flush on the rear wall...the frame would be taking the bulk of the stress though.

ahh I see. That makes sence. I think I might try a combo of both. My fridge isn't very big. There isn't much room for alot of wood work but I think I can fasten a short 2x4 to the top rack rall and then fasten the manifold to that. I hope that works. We shall see. Thats for the ideas.

ahh I see. That makes sence. I think I might try a combo of both. My fridge isn't very big. There isn't much room for alot of wood work but I think I can fasten a short 2x4 to the top rack rall and then fasten the manifold to that. I hope that works. We shall see. Thats for the ideas.

Yeah, that would be good if you had the rails...if space is tight you could get even thinner wood like 1x2 or 1x3s in pine or white board that will be plenty sturdy for that purpose

Back