Blichmann kettle shipping delay

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julohan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at the blichmann kettles on northernbrewer.com. I noticed the site said their were defects on a kettle component and is delaying shipments by 3-4 weeks. Just thought I would post just in case anyone is thinking of buying one. This is the only website I found it on so far. So I would wait.

Hmm, I wonder what it is? I can't find any info. I don't have any apparent problems with mine.

To tell the truth, there is nothing wrong with the pots. The problem was a cosmetic defect with the removable thermometer.

John Blichmann won't ship anything unless he knows it is perfect.

False alarm about something wrong with the pots.

The pot and thermometer would have worked fine but it didn't look perfect .

I don't want people thinking there is something wrong with the design or something.

Just like the Nottingham yeast, once it is said on the internet it is fact. (even after it is no longer a fact)

It would be cool if the title of this thread could be changed, as to not sully the reputation of a fine product with no problems.

Forrest

Well thanks for clearing that up. Though I know its it a pot and it will get beat up brewing. I would still like it to be perfect looking cosmetically too when I first buy it.

Understandable. I just wanted to clear this up before people actually thought there was an actual defect that made it to customers. The thread title implies that.

Forrest

MOD EDIT: Thread title changed.

Is the problem with the brewometer constantly sticking and needing to be tapped to get a proper reading, being fixed?

I just wish their website didn't have; in big, bold print: NO WAITING - all products in stock for IMMEDIATE DELIVERY! and has for at least several days.

I know it's a well known problem, I have read about it before. I just use them as a reference, but it would be nice if they just worked properly considering the price I paid. I just emailed them about it, and am awaiting a response.

FWIW, I still have not received my boilermaker and have not received any sort of update or e-mail or anything. And their website STILL says "NO WAITING - all products in stock for IMMEDIATE DELIVERY!". This is atrocious customer service.

FWIW, I still have not received my boilermaker and have not received any sort of update or e-mail or anything. And their website STILL says "NO WAITING - all products in stock for IMMEDIATE DELIVERY!". This is atrocious customer service.

Must be fixing the pots. I can't believe they didn't send anything to you about a delay. Hopefully they have everything worked out when I order after beermas.

Back