JW Dundees Craft Pack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJTomatoguy

Reaction score
I bought this today.
Includes:
Pale Ale
Amber Lager
Honey Brown(I Know I like this one)
Pale Bock
IPA
Porter

I bought this because I'm buying beer for bottles right now, and thought it might be a good way to try different styles.
The price was right-$19.99 a case.
Also picked up a case of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.$24.99

Any opinions on the Dundee products?
I used to drink a ton of Honey brown in college.

well, they are twist offs.
This wil be an experience the styles thing rather than a drink thru it to get the bottles thing.

IPA - Very good-2 down.
Porter - OK- never a big fan of dark beers. It did keep a huge head in the glass,

Edit_ Add pale Bock is FANTASIC!

I picked one up a few months ago, and I thought for the price you can't beat it. Nothing in there is the best example of that particular style, but they all are great beers and good examples of the style in my opinion. Sucks you bought it for the bottles and they are twist though.

I've seen that sampler a few times and considered trying it. I always liked the Honey Brown when I was in college. I'm guessing it won't be as good as I remember.

All decent beers, especially for the price. I bought a case about a moth ago for the bottles also. I remembered them being pop-top, but I was obviously wrong. I got a bench capper though now, so I'm glad I saved them anyway.

I drank quite a few of these samplers in my earlier college years, before I developed much of a palate. IMO, they're really not that great - they all seem like just generic beer that has had a small amount of coloring or flavoring added to tilt it toward a particular style, but really they are all pretty close to the same, and all are pretty bland. They just seem very obviously mass manufactured, and somewhat artificial.

Granted, for the price, I'd still get them over most macrobrews, because at least they taste like SOMETHING... Especially back when they were $7.99 for a 12-pack around here (up until a year or so ago)...

Back