Need some Ideas, Roeselare blend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Ok, I have a huge starter of this going for a few weeks now and plan on building it up even more for a few more weeks. Im planing a red, Brown and a saison(pitch in the secondary). Im wanting to do one more brew with it, any ideas. The crazy the beer the more I am willing to brew it.:ban: So throw me your craziest ideas.

I've got my own pack of the Roeselare blend waiting to get used, this will be my first time making something with other than saccharomyces. I could be wrong, but in my past research most of the time people have recommended not making a starter and just pitching directly. Mostly because you can't control the growth of everything, so you might get something overwhelming everything else.

That being said I'll probably try to save some of the bugs and use them in something else in a year or so. I'm planning on making 10g of Flanders Red and using the Roeselare blend in 5g and the WLP belgian sour mix in the other.

I've got my own pack of the Roeselare blend waiting to get used, this will be my first time making something with other than saccharomyces. I could be wrong, but in my past research most of the time people have recommended not making a starter and just pitching directly. Mostly because you can't control the growth of everything, so you might get something overwhelming everything else.

That being said I'll probably try to save some of the bugs and use them in something else in a year or so. I'm planning on making 10g of Flanders Red and using the Roeselare blend in 5g and the WLP belgian sour mix in the other.

Thats the main reason I made the starter way ahead of the time Im brewing the beer. Good luck on your stuff. Sour stuff is a blast and once you go sour your don't go back.:p

Are you planning on making something with just Roeselare? (i.e., no other primary yeast). I'd do that if you aren't planning already.

Are you planning on making something with just Roeselare? (i.e., no other primary yeast). I'd do that if you aren't planning already.

Yeah both the Red and the brown will be with only the Roeselare. I thinking for the forth brew, something just in the secondary, but open to anything.

Back