First DIPA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No reason to use two different hops at 60 minutes, your not going to notice the difference. I'd use them for the dry hop and just get any old high alpha hop for your 60 minute bittering (or don't do a 60 minute bittering at all and just smash more hops in the under 25 minute)

Toss an ounce of the same hop at 60 and then get a one to three more ounces for dry hopping. Also, I tend to like my IPAs light bodied to let the hops really shine through and since you are using extract it couldn't hurt to toss a bit of sugar in there so it ferments out low. Maybe half pound or a pound of corn sugar. Just an idea, but it depends on how you like your IPAs

It's fine as is if you shift the Simcoe from 60 to flameout. Some corn sugar wouldn't hurt at this gravity range.

You might also want to consider cutting the toasty, sweet caramelly crystal 40 to 5% or 6% instead of 10%.

Needs yeast and a dryhop. Don't see either listed.

Latest posts

Back