Makeshift bottle brush?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportscrazed2

Reaction score
I don't have a bottle brush and need to make sure they are clean before bottling. anyone have any good ideas? will rinsing them and running through dishwahser be enough to clean?

Soak them in oxyclean and rinse well. Unless you can see stuff on the inside of the bottle you don't really need a brush.

is running them through a dishwasher and then letting them soak with star san good enough? i was thinking of first running them through dishwasher then filling them with star san solution and letting them sit for a few minutes then dumping out the star san and putting a little saran wrap over the bottle mouth to keep them clean until use. does that sound like a good plan?

I only use the dishwasher to rinse after I have rinsed them. It really doesn't CLEAN bottles very well.

Some guys will pop them in the DW with high heat dry to sanitize them but for cleaning, a good soak in oxyclean and a great rinse is the ticket.

But as you consume the beers, a good rinse after you pour it is your best friend.

that's exactly what i've been doing rinsing them out after drinking them. oh do you use the oxyclean for clothes? i have some of that

Back