Lager question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_mox

Reaction score
I've been making ales for a while now, and i want to try my hand at making lagers. question I have is, what size fridge or chest freezer should i get. I have a 6.5 gal primary fermenter bucket. I have a mini-fridge that i used in college, that i believe is 4.4 cu. ft. (but I'm 99% sure its too small). I have some space restrictions. so i need to go as small as possible, and still be able to fit the 6.5 gal primary. what are your thoughts?

Thanks all

see, thats the thing, im trying not to carry my primary into the store, to see if it fits, i was wondering if i could get some advice from people who have been through this to see what sizes they got.

Place a piece of cardboard on top of your bucket (it's probably bigger around at the top) draw a circle around it, cut it out and take the cardboard to the alliance store.

I found a used 7 cu freezer on craigs list for $60. It will easily hold 2 fermenters of whatever type u got. I was planning on using my buckets (they have handles) though because I'm not sure I can manhandle my 6 gal carboy's with 5.5 gal wort over into that freezer. I'm planning on brewing my first 2 lagers next weekend.

Back