Good DARK stout names

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
"Darker than Your Soul Stout"

"Long dark tea time of the soul Stout"

"Chekov's Long Dark Bereft of hope Stout"

Meh. Mine are OK, lets get creative...........

I tend to gravitate towards punny names with all of my beers. My brand concept is a yellow Walmart-style happy face that changes with each beer.

"Darth Malt" RIS - Happy face will be painted like Darth Maul

"The Devil Made Me Brew It" Pepper Stout - Happy face with devil horns and an evil looking smile

I once brewed a porter recipe that was named "Blackbeard's Butt." I always like that one.

"Tell me about the Rabbits George Dark, Dark, Dark as EFF Stout"

"Stare in to the VOID Blackness Stout"

I had a batch explode in the fermenter spewing it's blackness on the floor, walls and ceiling of my fermenting room (aka man's cave bathroom) and it was quickly dubbed nitro stout.

50 shades of black

Kangaroo pouch (its gotta be dark in there, lol)

Rumplestoutskin

Matte black

Black wolf stout

Gun barrel stout

Dead as a door nail stout.

I love making names up, lol

I brewed a Russian Imperial Stout for a buddy of mine a couple months back, should be ready by Winter. We're calling it Rasputin's Beard.

Donkey Punch! (Lights outs big Brother)
Down goes Frazier!
Smokers Lung Stout
Deep Chasm
Decepticon RIS
Power Outage

Maybe...

Cave dweller stout
Lights out stout
Devil's black eye
Midnight wrath
Befallen darkness

Dunno... that's what I've got for now.

For the Deadheads:

Dark Star Stout (actually already taken by Starr Hill Brewery, with a second "r" on the end of "Star")
Black Muddy River Stout
Black Throated Wind
Black Peter's Stout (or Black Pyotr for a RIS? This one may be seen as a bit politically incorrect but it is a song name)
Dark Hollow (also used by a local commercial brewery for their bourbon barrel stout)

Other song based names:

Slippin' Into Darkness
Dark As A Dungeon
Long Black Veil
Big Black Smoke (a Kinks song) for a smoked stout

I call mine "Meconium Oatmeal Stout" if you don't know what meconium is you're probably not a parent.

Fort Street Brewing in Michigan makes a stout called "Super Massive Black Hole of Deliciousness". Love the name, the beer is okay.

Fort Street Brewing in Michigan makes a stout called "Super Massive Black Hole of Deliciousness". Love the name, the beer is okay.

hmmm...Singularity. I've got an american stout that's bottle conditioning right now, but I think I'd rather save it for a belgian stout. Probably about time I open an Allagash black to see if I like the style.

Back