Would like to get some experienced feedback!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOHN51277

Reaction score
I have been brewing now for 6 years and have hundreds of brews under my belt. I have never had any constructive feedback. They are all "I love it", "I don't like that type of beer", or "I don't care for it". I want to get someone who would sample my homebrews and give me some feedback. Preferably someone who knows what "off flavors" are what. I am willing to ship some out to someone who can help me out. Or, if there is a BJCP event I can send it to. I just have no idea where to start with this. Thanks!

The best way is to go to a local brewery and ask the brewer there. They are always happy to help. To overcome unhelpful (as far as critiquing goes) friends, do blind taste tests with a few production beers with your home brew and score them.

Wildwest.....I was looking at some of the competitions on there earlier today. Do I have to be a member of the local club in order to submit my beers for judging? It looks like the closest one if Jacksonville, and it is only 20 bucks to join for the year, which is no prob, but It is not very clear about if you must be a club member, or not.
Anyone a judge who wants to be a guinnea pig?

There are a few BJCP judges around here. I'd still suggest sending to a couple of competitions, though. You'd get back your scoresheets from the judges, and it's "blind" so they can be totally honest. The feedback is very helpful. Unless it's a special club only competition, all of the BJCP competitions listed are open to everyone. When I listed the HBT competition last year, I stated that you must be a member of HBT, but that it was free and easy to join and open to everyone.

If you really want someone from HBT, I'm sure there are a couple that would be willing to help you out!

I will look into the info on the BJCP events and see which ones are "open" to the public and ship a few different bottles to be judged and see just where I can improve, and have somewhat of a clue as to what the "off flavors" actually are.

If anyone is willing to judge a few brews, hook me a PM and I can get a few bottles headed your way.

Back