Sweet Tea Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTBrew

Reaction score
Is it possible?
Down here in South Carolina, Sweet Tea vodka has caught on huge. Is it possible to make a sweet tea wine? and if so, any recipe ideas?

Thanks!

Do I necessarily need Black tea? or can I simply use some sort of generic? A la Lipton's?

Thanks for the reply by the way. I'm new to the forum, needless to say--this is fun! The patience is killing me though. In my waiting for one batch of apfel, I have started 1 more..haha

And I assume sweeting would be with like a Splenda product in the secondary before bottling?

You can sweeten with Splenda or another similar product, or you can stabilize with campden tablets and sweeten with real sugar (i.e. cane sugar, etc). Not sure about the Lipton's but it would probably work. I don't see why it wouldn't.

Question:

I'm doing the Hard sweet tea, however I'm going to back sweeten with lemonade to make it like an arnold palmer.
Can someone outline the steps for me a little better?
Do I need a primary and a secondary, or can I do it all in a carboy in one stage?
I have several yeasts: which do you think would be best of Montrachet, Pasteur Champagne, and Cotes de Blancs?

Do I add nutrient right off the bat?

Thanks !

Made a 1 gallon batch of the Winepress.us recipe Saturday night. Gonna mix it with Country Time Lemonade mix once it's done.

Then use the slurry for a test batch of Skeeter Pee. I love one gallon batches. I've got a Pulque going right now too.

Latest posts

Back