Oak Creek Brewing Nut Brown Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoeIPA

Reaction score
Hey folks

i got the Nut Brown Ale recipe from the brewer but he's still being a little vague.. Can any of you help me out with translating this? He gave me his 450 gallon recipe and need to ratio it down to 5 gallons and put it into " english " for us beginner brewers

1000# pale malt
110# c-munich
55# c-red
55# honey malt
22# chocolate malt
5# black malt

My calculations to scale this down to a 5 gallon batch would be as follows:
11# pale malt
1.2# c-munich
.6# c-red
.6# honey malt
.24# chocolate malt
.05# black malt
edinburg yeast

It's a very good nut brown ale recipe and if any of you have tried it, you will understand why I want to brew it since I cannot get this beer out here in Chicago..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this is a vague post, i'm sorry as this is what i got from the brewery and trying to get it figured out myself! :D

I tried to shoot you a message with a little more detail. I used promash to scale it down to ten gallons.

Everything looks pretty close. Promash says for me with 75% efficiency :
9.5 # 2 row
.5# cred
1# caramunich
1#honey malt
.5# chocolate
2 oz.black

.5oz nugget 90 mins
1.5 oz EKG. 30 mins
1. 5 oz EKG. 10 mins

The hop schedule I used.

Hope it works out for you. Love that beer. I thought all of their were solid beer.

So I know this was nearly 3 years ago and all but I'm trying to tackle this project as well. Any feedback on how the beer was and how close you got?

Latest posts

Back