2008 Ten Fidy Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig311

Reaction score
So, I was just informed that my beer store has a 5g log of OB Ten Fidy that has been sitting cold since Feb of 2008. They want 179 for it...

How do you think that beer would have aged cold for almost 5 years??? Sounds amazing!!! Should I pull the trigger? I trust these guys have taken care of it.

$100 and a growler for the beer guy at the store? Sounds reasonable to me. Who am I fooling, I'm going to buy it anyway.

Assuming I'm buying this thing (of course, I am)... Any expectations? I live in CT and only had Ten Fidy for the first time within the past couple of years, all fresh cans. I love the beer. ButI I'd be hesitant about any beer aged that long. But this beer seems built for it... and its in a keg... and its been taken care of...

Nothing to worry about! Pull the trigger and buy the keg and enjoy! Hell it's $15 for a 4 pack a keg at the price you're going to pay is worth it!

Well, I finally picked this thing up and am really happy I did. I'm not the best at describing beers but I'm getting tons of chocolate, molasses, licorice, and "nutty" flavors. Need to go pick up a 4 pack and compare. It's been a while since I've had one fresh. :mug:

I also need to shorten my beer line. Had a highly carbed pils on before this with 13 ft of beer line. I'm guessing this is carbed at only 2.3 or so vols at the brewery and is almost trickling out at 10 psi.

Back