Sierra Nevada Celebration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been waiting so long,
m-cebeerb.jpg

and I'm off tomorrow.

Already gone from my main store here. Hoping they either get more in stock or the store across town has some. SWMBO loves it.

SWMBO + Celebration Ale = good times for all. (Well, all meaning me and her).

Use Dude's recipe. Mine turned out awesome.....now I have it on tap.

we've had celebration on tap down here for a couple weeks now. I still have a 6 pack of 2005 and 2006 in the fridge. Need to have a little vertical tasting soon I think

Is there a tracker for distribution?

All I ever find down here from Sierra Nevada is their Pale Ale, Porter, and Wheat..

Awesome! i havent seen it around here yet though. Picked up a couple bottles of Harvest, Batch 8000 and the Sam Adams Winter Variety Pack last night though. On the walk back to my truck with my bounty, i came to the conclusion that liquor stores with a good beer selection need shopping carts.

Got some of this tonight. I think this is the first time I have had it, I can't remeber buying it in previous years. Pretty damn good. Might be the best IPA I can get here at the moment.

Drinkin' some now, brewing a clone Saturday. This'll be my first all-grain brew!
Hey Boston, care to drop by? I'm sure I could use some help...

I went across the street to pick up a few last minute grocery items and lo and behold they had the Celebration on display.

I promptly removed the opened cases displaying the six packs and grabbed a full, unopened case.

Got a case already, hid 2 sixers in my HB stash, the other two are in the fridge. SWMBO is going to grab one this week, I'll grab two more when the next shipment arrives.

just picked up 2 sixers
they were on a stack with a sign that said "Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 6.99"

me: are these 6.99?
clerk:yup
me: ok

ffwd to checkout

cashier-scans, rings up 8.49 ea
me: those are 6.99
cashier sends 15y/o to check it out..clerk is still in the aisle
me: it rang up 8.49
clerk: tell her it's 6.99
me: thanks

</ablsolutely pointless story

joebou4860 said:
just picked up 2 sixers
they were on a stack with a sign that said "Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 6.99"

me: are these 6.99?
clerk:yup
me: ok

ffwd to checkout

cashier-scans, rings up 8.49 ea
me: those are 6.99
cashier sends 15y/o to check it out..clerk is still in the aisle
me: it rang up 8.49
clerk: tell her it's 6.99
me: thanks

</ablsolutely pointless story

you are still a bastid...it's $9.99 here :mad:

Is it a Yuletide brew? What is it like? I really enjoy their pale ale, I'll hustle down to the market tomorrow and see if they have it in yet!

Yes and no. Its deceptively packaged like a Christmas Ale and its seasonal, but its pretty much a straight up IPA. A very good one at that.

Definitely not a "yuletide" brew in the traditional sense - i.e. no cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, orange zest, etc. present.

Pretty much a (very) good American IPA... Can't personally think of a better way to celebrate the season! :)

I gave away a 6 to one of my best friend and beer buddies, put a 6 in the cellar to try in later years, and polished a 6 by myself to this point... Meaning i only have 6 left and just bought this a week ago. Back for another case soon.

I really like these 'stubby' pop-top bottles and the beer is great, so no drawback I can see in drinking this like water... :)

Got a case of it--in two 12 pack containers. The stupid store I got it at had cases and 12 packs, and they were selling the 12 packs for a dollar cheaper per 12. Usually bulk (by the case) would be cheaper, right? Not this place.

At any rate, I have some chilling now. Damn these night shifts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another good year for Celebration! I like Tannen Bomb better, but that is very local. Anyone who hasn't tried Widmer's Snow Plow should look around. With the Widmer/Redhook merger, it should be much more available.

I just picked up a six pack of it tonight...6.99 at Woodman's. It's pretty darned good! I'm guessing I'll stock up on some and store it down in the brew cellar.

:)

Picked up a 12pk this past Tuesday. Very good this year.

I think i'll try to hoard a six pack or two for next year. What exactly will happen to the flavor if it is a little aged? Should it be at room temp or in the fridge?

My local HEB Grocery store has it on sale for $6.99 a six pack. My company passes out $50 HEB gift cards every year for Thanksgiving. SWMBO already picked up the turkey. Shucks.... :D

I just brought home 7 six packs and only had to part with $2.97 cash tonight. Now to safely stash it in refrigerated storage.

Yeah Baby!

I had it on tap not too long ago at the Reverend Horton Heat show...man was it good. I've been seeing it around a lot lately, going to have to pick some up.

Does it really age that well?

Living in Pennsylvania I have to hope that this is on the "list" of approved beers in the state. Also no six packs here full cases or nothing!

jakee117 said:
Living in Pennsylvania I have to hope that this is on the "list" of approved beers in the state. Also no six packs here full cases or nothing!

I'm in PA and drinking one now. You should have no problem getting it here...

david_42 said:
Anyone who hasn't tried Widmer's Snow Plow should look around

Just picked up a six pack for $6.99 as SWMBO sent me back to the store for stuffing ingredients that she forgot. It's chilling right now.

Just came in here. Two cases literally came in this afternoon. I drug one of the clerks away from fighting with a fax machine to get me a six and so I could get the price. 7.49. They're chillin' right now along with the Schlafly six of Christmas Ale I picked up. :rockin:

Ize

Spent some time on the patio with a couple of these while the turkey smoked yesterday. Both the turkey and beer were definite winners. Love the celebration ale- perfect for Thanksgiving, imo.

I'm drinking a Celebration Ale right now. Hmm good. Picked up two more six packs of Widmer Snow Plow too. Man, both are fine brews.

I have a case and a half hiding from me....I imagine that it will be down to a case by years end....the rest will be saved

I tried Celebration for the first time over Thanksgiving. Sooo good.

The BYO clone recipe looks exactly like how its described on the Sierra Nevada website, so I'm going to brew this one up soon.

Just picked up another case.

All you suburban Chicago folks, if you want, the best deal seems to be at Binny's. They have the 12 packs in stock again at the Schaumburg location.

Discount on a case of six packs is only 5 bucks (35.96 - 5.00 = 30.96)

12 packs = 14.99 (x 2 = 29.98)

I don't get it either, I was just happy the 12 packs were back in stock.

Back