My Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmickey

Reaction score
I first off want to thank everyone for the inspiration and courage to jump into not only kegging but also building a Keezer. It's been a fun and hungry for money project thus far!!! Part of my problem is that I wanted to get it setup the way I wanted to do it, so there wasn't necessarily much skimping in the beginning.

I am about 50% done on my project, got the Keezer painted with black Chalkboard paint, Collar constructed, Tap holes drilled out, insulation fitted, a little bit of hardware mounted, wheels/cart on the bottom for ease of movement and tonight I constructed my airflow system.

Ok, to start off with I've looked at so many places to get ideas I'm not saying this is original, but it is funny and my wife says, I'm definately a redneck!

My Wire Frame idea (not sure it's original but I thought it was cool)
MyAirSystemWireFrame_Keezer.jpg

The Air System - Duct tape special
MyAirSystem_Keezer.jpg

Testing my build:
FinishedInsiderKeezer.jpg

And last but not least, my not finished Keezer thus far!
My_Keezer.jpg

Side thoughts - On the Fan wiring, I was able to find a perfect matchup on an old LinkSys router plug, it outputs 12V. The Antec Fan i'm using has a switch for 3 different speeds.

I have many more pictures I can eventually post but I'm not sure any of this is that original.

Challenges yet - make a perfect seal between the collar and the freezer! I have both Rubber weatherseal and also Rope caulk. I'm trying the Rubber weatherseal first. I am also double hinging the collar to the keezer and the lid to the collar.

I'll be employing a Johnson A419 Temp Controller as well.

Question for you all:
1) Will the lights on the 120mm fan withstand the 38-44 degree temps?
2) Will this fan move enough air?

Question for you all:
1) Will the lights on the 120mm fan withstand the 38-44 degree temps?
2) Will this fan move enough air?

the fan moves air. Some people do without them, and i think that if the OP ever wants to add a 5th keg, he would be fine removing the duct tape fan tower and just leaving the fan somewhere in the keezer. If it's air tight, I would think that a fan that size will move enough air to accomplish it's purpose no matter where it's located in the freezer.

Definite points for creativity, but if a 5th keg would fit once that wire mesh tower is removed, I think that real estate would be better served housing a keg of beer.

i have the same freezer and i have no problems with not using a fan. i have a 1 x 8 collar which i sealed with caulk and my temps are steady at 38. no foam on pours and the fans would be a waste of time for me. i only have the fans in my kegerator for the tower and that would be the only reason to have a fan personally for me. with the freezer you can control the temp easier with the controller anyways.

i have the same freezer and i have no problems with not using a fan. i have a 1 x 8 collar which i sealed with caulk and my temps are steady at 38. no foam on pours and the fans would be a waste of time for me. i only have the fans in my kegerator for the tower and that would be the only reason to have a fan personally for me. with the freezer you can control the temp easier with the controller anyways.

You're from Pennsylvania, PA? Me too! :drunk:

[/being a smartass]

Ahh you guys are lucky, you are close to Church Brew Works and also Rivertown Pourhouse...can't decide which i like better.

Ahh you guys are lucky, you are close to Church Brew Works and also Rivertown Pourhouse...can't decide which i like better.

A neighbor just dropped off a case of Church Brew Works' variety pack last night. He's a loyal Labatt guy and this stuff "just wasn't for him" :drunk:

(he tried my weizenbier and was polite about it and said it was good, but i dont believe that he liked it. I also gave him an oatmeal stout, but he's never mentioned it. I doubt he ever even tried it!)

He's not a big drinker, and they're moving soon, so i think this doubled as a little thank you for all the tools he's borrowed.

I've only had the dunkel, Pale Ale, and IPA, and so far so good!

Back