Light weight Neighbor + Homebrew IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IXVolt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The other day, I saw my neighbor out moving his sprinkers around. It was about 104 deg and I thought I'd offer him a beer. Knowing I brew my own, and have a huge hop trellis in the back yard he stopped what he was doing and looked at me and asked... "what kind?" I said oh it's just a IPA (I measured it at 6.2% alc). He said sure, I'd love one.

I tell him to go grab a glass, cause its on the tap. He says is a quart jar ok? I laugh, and say of course.

I fill it up and we go our separate ways.

The next day his wife comes over and say, "what did you give my husband! He sat down in his chair drank what ever that was and looked up at me and said I'm F*ked up. Then he passed out"

Inbetween my chuckles I told her it was just a light homebrew. :mug:

Got to love the lightweight neighbors.

Wow thats pretty light weight!

I presume a quart is a quart liter? Sorry we dont use that measure here so i dont know :)

I love that. My neighbor is my tester and I love getting him drunk. One day, we had a little bonfire and about 20 people from the neighborhood came out and we were drinking a variety of my beers. After a couple hours the guy from a couple houses down stands up and takes one step with his foot and the next with his face. I felt kind of bad, but it sure was funny. His face was fairly jacked up. So, now, I have a beer named Facebuster Dubbel.

I presume a quart is a quart liter? Sorry we dont use that measure here so i dont know :)

1 quart = not quite a liter. It is an entirely sensible measure that is exactly 1/4 gallon. Not that weird liter nonsense that is like 3.8 L to a gallon.

I wish my neighbor would die in a fire.

Holy moly, that was funny. I don't know why but I laughed for a good minute after reading this...maybe because we've all had neighbors like that...maybe because I pictured the cat in your avatar saying it...or maybe I am a terrible person...

Holy moly, that was funny. I don't know why but I laughed for a good minute after reading this...maybe because we've all had neighbors like that...maybe because I pictured the cat in your avatar saying it...or maybe I am a terrible person...

Or maybe you have multiple personalities and can't make up your mind :D

I read this. And, then two post down starts with a bonfire. I thought of maru taking notes.

"Hmmm. Okay, so I get all the neighbors around for beer around a big bonfire. Yeah, yeah. And then I get Mr. Asshat stinking drunk. Yeah. Okay, I see where you're going."

To be fair to your neighbor, he well might have had heat exhaustion or something. Doesn't make me feel drunk, but if I'm working out in the hot sun for too long, I'll just about pass out when I get inside.

my neighbor is a BMC guy,but I get him wasted all the time. funny thing is he has started to buy good beer and not swill. not sure if its so I wont rag on him or if he is coming around. he loves my IPA's and keeps asking me when am i making more.

makes me proud. :tank:

My neighbors are all dutch bags, that I wouldn't waste good beer on. The drink Natty Ice for cryin' out loud! ugh

No joke, one of my neighbors will put away a 30 pack of MGD on any given Saturday. Sunday too. He cuts back during the week to probably a 12 pack a day or so.

No joke, one of my neighbors will put away a 30 pack of MGD on any given Saturday. Sunday too. He cuts back during the week to probably a 12 pack a day or so.

Does he use a funnel? I don't think I could pour fast enough to drink that many in a day. Not that I would even want to.:drunk:

That's hillarious! I can't stand one of my neighbors, but he sure loves my beer. Had a bunch of friends and family over for the 4th and I can't tell you how many times he simply held his beer mug over the fence looking for a fill-up. Makes you feel good, but annoying as all hell! I don't like you, don't drink my beer.

My other neighbor, he's cool. He likes my beer and likes good beer in general. He's a huge Stone fan, so when he says he loves my beer, I know he knows what good beer actually is. Now that's a compliment!

The drink Natty Ice for cryin' out loud! ugh

Hey nothing wrong with a little Natty Ice. Thats what I usually drink because I'm cheap and a $1.50/40oz doesn't break the bank. I prefer good beer though and have been drinking it all week just to get the bottles I need. I just started homebrewing and my 1st batch has been fermenting for 2 days. So hopefully someday I can break away from the natty brand and drink some awesome homebrew.

Jsamp -
Drink what you like, but when you can brew what you like, its so much better. Welcome to HBT and homebrewing. :ban:

Can mine join yours?

I mean seriously - I realize it's a crappy neighborhood but almost everyone else at least makes an attempt to be an ok neighbor.

Maybe ya should start distilling and bottle up all the heads (nasty stuff that ya toss) - then give em a bottle for christmas ;-) Or do the same but add the bottle to homebrew and serve it to the fawkers.

*mod note - I'm advocating distilling just as much as marubozo is advocating arson

Back