Homegrown hops for dry hopping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradleyBrew

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm about to dry hop using some home grown hops! This would be my first time, any concerns with bacteria or wild yeast or is it the same level of risk with commercially bought hops about acquiring a "infection?" :mug:

any success stories or advise?

I understand the hops have natural properties that prohibit or decrease bacterial growth.

I would use the hell out of them.....Dont sweat that they are home grown, you may want to inspect them for visual"bugs" but other that that You should be safe! adding homegrown hops would be the last thing I would be concerned with as far as an"Infection" cleaning and sanitizing gear is a much bigger concern IMO.Plus you will have alcohol in secondary ferment to also help stave off infections.

Cool, thanks! Thats pretty much what i was thinking just did not want to be overlooking something obvious!

Latest posts

Back