camlocks...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdk261

Reaction score
Just got my plate chiller today. Can someone hook me up with part numbers from proflow dynamics? I am a little intimidated by everything on their site and don't know what to order lol. I know I need 1/2" camlocks and couplers but don't know anything about what the "style" may be as they reference on their site...any and all help is appreciated.

I meant "type". It says "type f couplers can be used with type d adapters" and so on...lol how do I know which "type" to buy? They all come in 1/2"..so what's the difference?

Your heat exchanger probably has all male threads coming out of the body so you'd be looking at getting Type A fittings for that end. If you were buying camlocks for your valve end you'd want Type F fittings because those will screw into your ball valves. Easiest one for a hose end that will fit both Type A and F would be Type C.

Awesome...I appreciate the help fellas. Just what I needed. Makes sense now; but every now and then you just have to ask a dumb question lol. Thanks again.

Don't use the hose barb camlocks if you are planning to use a pump - they constrict the flow too much and piss off the pump. People use the male-thread camlocks, file off the threads, and stretch their tubing over those to avoid this problem.

Back