When it's almost gone.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bostonbrewin63

Reaction score
I have a pale ale on tap right now an it's very good. I know it's gonna kick any glass poured... But every time I go to pour myself a glass I keep saying "come on baby just one more full glass" (I have another 6 gallons of this same pale ale fermenting but won't be rdy for about 20 days)

I have another beer lined up an rdy to be hooked up, but there's something about this pale ale that is just really nice....

Anyone else share this problem?:mug:

Some kegs (of good tasting beer, not just the crap) seem to last forever and others kick about 2 weeks too soon. I don't understand it but I'm sure there is a greater force at work.

I had a similar problem once, "knew' a keg was going to kick any glass now and had another keg I was really wanting to tap. So one night I thought I'd just finish the last couple of glasses in the keg and get then new one on for the next day... about 2.5 litres later I went to bed still not done with the keg. next night I went for a glass and you guessed it only got 1/4 before it kicked!

I have a pale ale on tap right now an it's very good. I know it's gonna kick any glass poured... But every time I go to pour myself a glass I keep saying "come on baby just one more full glass" (I have another 6 gallons of this same pale ale fermenting but won't be rdy for about 20 days)

I have another beer lined up an rdy to be hooked up, but there's something about this pale ale that is just really nice....

My name is Dave and I bottle :( Im new at this so I suffer from 'seriously, this is all I have left (after friends and neighbors samplings)

Share your recipe. I want to make a pale ale next!

Some kegs (of good tasting beer, not just the crap) seem to last forever

i had a keg of saison; tasty stuff, but DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! i was ready for it to go away... stuff HAD to last for 6 months ( probably more like 6 weeks ). NO MORE SAISON :smack:

Had that happen with my breakfast stout on Friday. Was filling a growler for a birthday party I was going to and thought to myself "I hope the keg does not kick until after I fill this growler" Growler filled, then I went to pour myself a mug. Got less than an inch in the glass and then nothing but foam and CO2. I won that round. Keeping reserve kegs in the wings make it better though.

My name is Dave and I bottle :( Im new at this so I suffer from 'seriously, this is all I have left (after friends and neighbors samplings)

Of course. I'll pm you the recipie I used if you would like.

Bostonbrewin63 said:

I share it as well!!

What's the recipe for your pale ale? I am an extract brewer so if its all grain I can get it converted. Always looking for a great pale ale!!!

dapete said:

I just saw your post and thought the same thing!!! Haha!

Btw I am from dracut ma! Looks like your a mass hole as well

I used to have that problem but now I brew 25 gallon batches so I will never run out of beer unless I don't brew for 4 -5 months. I also lucked up on a deal on 35 kegs.....

Bostonbrewin63 said:
Of course. I'll pm you the recipie I used if you would like.

With all this talk about your recipe, I'd love to have it too. Always searching for that perfect pale ale...

I also suffer from your plight...

I have the same problem with the Sculpin IPA clone I brewed. And I had 52 bottles remaining, ha ha.

Back