Faucet sticking reduce or eliminate ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WileECoyote

Reaction score
Hello, I have a new (3 months old) 3 tap tower and if I don't pull a tap every day they will stick so hard that Im afraid that I will break one, I have to work it back and forth to get them free. :mad:

My question is, Is their any way to reduce or eliminate the sticking of my faucets?

This is the tower that I purchased, not much info on faucets that came with it.

Polished Brass Triple Faucet Draft Beer Tower - 3" Column | BeverageFactory.com
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draf...ucet/c502_brass_three_faucet_beer_tower.shtml

Purchasing new faucets at this time is not an option at this time

I searched but could not find an answer, any help would be great.

Cheers :mug:

Also how do you add a link to your post so others can just click on it?
"EDIT" never mind I see that the second one I added is a click on link.

Try getting some of the little faucet caps/cover. They're a buck or two each and it will buy you a few days more before the faucet sticks.

In the end I switched to the front sealing faucets, but that's a bit more $

The best trick is to pour warm water over them or before use soak a wash rag and wrap the faucet with it for a minute. The sugar dries like concrete.

I used to use my spray bottle of Starsan at the end of a drinking night. I would put a small Tupperware down and spray a couple of times inside the nozzle and in the little vent hole (whatever that tiny hole is). When had enough money in the beer fund, perlicks stopped the sticking completely.

One of the things that I despise is when someone on the forum asks a question and the answer isn't helpful at all, and says "Buy something else"!

But I'm going to do that anyway. :D

Before I bought my kegging stuff, I heard about faucets sticking and so went with the recommendation to buy Perlick faucets from the start.

It was a great decision!

I went to Texas in mid-January, and got back Wednesday night. On Wednesday, after unpacking a bit, I grabbed a beer glass and poured a glass of beer. No sticking at all! And I didn't do anything with cleaning or sanitizing the faucet or line. The first couple of ounces of beer was flat-ish, probably from being in the line for over two months. But the pour was smooth and no problems at all were in the faucet.

I got mine from Williams Brewing- they had a deal at that time that included the faucets and the shanks for a very reasonable price. Mine are the older model, I think 425. They do cost more, but that's a place that I think it's worth it.

For now, you can just keep a spray bottle of star-san handy, and spray up the faucet after you're finished drinking a beer. But I'd definitely put Perlick faucets on the "wish list" for gifts.

One of the things that I despise is when someone on the forum asks a question and the answer isn't helpful at all, and says "Buy something else"!

But I'm going to do that anyway. :D

Before I bought my kegging stuff, I heard about faucets sticking and so went with the recommendation to buy Perlick faucets from the start.

It was a great decision!

I went to Texas in mid-January, and got back Wednesday night. On Wednesday, after unpacking a bit, I grabbed a beer glass and poured a glass of beer. No sticking at all! And I didn't do anything with cleaning or sanitizing the faucet or line. The first couple of ounces of beer was flat-ish, probably from being in the line for over two months. But the pour was smooth and no problems at all were in the faucet.

I got mine from Williams Brewing- they had a deal at that time that included the faucets and the shanks for a very reasonable price. Mine are the older model, I think 425. They do cost more, but that's a place that I think it's worth it.

For now, you can just keep a spray bottle of star-san handy, and spray up the faucet after you're finished drinking a beer. But I'd definitely put Perlick faucets on the "wish list" for gifts.

Yooper, I hate that too lol, but I also understand that sometimes its really the only fix that there is.

For now I will just spray StarSan and live with it, Ill be putting new faucets on my wish list but it might be quite a while before I can afford 3 polished brass faucets, maybe one at a time ? for the near future.

I have another question after reading your reply, can I just order faucets since I already have the shanks in the tower?, or are the shanks different for each kind of faucet ? guess I could look this up or call but thought I'd ask.

Yooper, I hate that too lol, but I also understand that sometimes its really the only fix that there is.

For now I will just spray StarSan and live with it, Ill be putting new faucets on my wish list but it might be quite a while before I can afford 3 polished brass faucets, maybe one at a time ? for the near future.

I have another question after reading your reply, can I just order faucets since I already have the shanks in the tower?, or are the shanks different for each kind of faucet ? guess I could look this up or call but thought I'd ask.

Watch e-bay I was able to get 12 425's 2 for $22.50, 4 for $45 and 6 for $2.50 a piece listed as bar faucets and one of the first 2 through in a new 425ss

I picked up two of these from Dick's. I use one for water and one for Starsan. At the end of the night, a quick squirt from each leaves a nice clean faucet.

Watch e-bay I was able to get 12 425's 2 for $22.50, 4 for $45 and 6 for $2.50 a piece listed as bar faucets and one of the first 2 through in a new 425ss

Thanks beaksnbeer, Ill start looking, unless I can find ultra cheap It will have to wait for now.

What he said, you don't need a water bottle though, being a brewer you must have a spray bottle of star san on hand at all times, at the end of the night (if your sober enough to remember) spray star san up both taps. Or pull hard enough and the beer will flow, if you break the faucet now that's a good reason to buy a forward sealing faucet. Problem solved.

What he said, you don't need a water bottle though, being a brewer you must have a spray bottle of star san on hand at all times, at the end of the night (if your sober enough to remember) spray star san up both taps. Or pull hard enough and the beer will flow, if you break the faucet now that's a good reason to buy a forward sealing faucet. Problem solved.

LOL, NOoooo breaking faucet's.

When I first got my faucets they stuck like crazy. After a few kegs and taking them apart a cleaning them they just kind of don't stick too much anymore especially if you run a nice dry beer through them. Add a bit of mineral oil to the parts to help lubricate. I think some high IBU beers may have loosened the clearances inside but I can live with these cheap ones now

When I first got my faucets they stuck like crazy. After a few kegs and taking them apart a cleaning them they just kind of don't stick too much anymore especially if you run a nice dry beer through them. Add a bit of mineral oil to the parts to help lubricate. I think some high IBU beers may have loosened the clearances inside but I can live with these cheap ones now

Thanks snowtires, Thats good news for me.

Back