Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill, when you're confirming accounts do you just validate the account exists on HBT or just click a button?

Seems like validating the HBT username could be as simple as the system making a request to HBT.com for a username and it returns status 200 for a valid user, and 302 for an invalid user (technically 404 if you tell your request to follow redirects). Might be another pain point that's liftable via code, along with converting all the order requests into an order spreadsheet.

I only understood your first sentence. :D

I have an admin window that displays people who have signed up and need confirmation. I check the box next to their name and click "confirm". Then they are confirmed.

Alright, RC doesn't seem to be responding and I don't want to lose the order, so I'm adding the hops to my order now. If you are part of the Cascade or NB splits, please respond confirming and I will update this post. I'll hold RC's allocation in the split for now.

Cascade
-------
cadwallion - 2 (confirmed)
TheOneBuz - 3
RC - 2
hot427cobra
Jgrove10
TheBreweryUnderground (confirmed)
Demon

Northern Brewer
---------------

urbanmyth (confirmed)
ThirstT
cadwallion - 2 (confirmed)
RC
metic (confirmed)
hot427cobra
TheBreweryUnderground (confirmed)
brewingmeister
srbailey
grinch (confirmed)

I am in for the Northern Brewer

Just got a text from RC0032. Something unexpected popped up and he needs to drop out this group buy. He apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.

Just got a text from RC0032. Something unexpected popped up and he needs to drop out this group buy. He apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
Alright, thanks for the heads up, bill.

That means we have 2lbs of Cascade and 1lb of Northern Brewer open in the splits. Any takers?

wagz said:
Just for confirmation - my sacks, I have split with Wegz Neopol and starman
1/4 each - Black Malt and Roasted Barley.

OK I'm good for up to a 1/2 on either if something changes. Do you only want 1/4 each on the roasted wheat, crystal rye, and malt rye?

Bill, it allows me to ad oak in 15 gal, no toasted chips or any chips however. I don't recall if we could order the chips or just spirals and honeycombs.

Neopol said:
OK I'm good for up to a 1/2 on either if something changes. Do you only want 1/4 each on the roasted wheat, crystal rye, and malt rye?

Bill, it allows me to ad oak in 15 gal, no toasted chips or any chips however. I don't recall if we could order the chips or just spirals and honeycombs.

I think was just honey combs and spirals.

ylpaul2000 said:
Ok here was my Nelson Sauvin purchase. Please confirm, for my sanity, thanks.

Docgineer and Wegz15 I still need a conformation from you about my Nelson Sauvin split.

ylpaul2000 - if someone drops out of your nelson I can pick up some

Hop splits please confirm only if you don't want them pls, otherwise I assume we are good....

11 lbs Nelson Sauvin
3 - Neopol
2 - Demon
1 - TheBreweryUnderground
1 - Grinch
2 - Starman
1 - SpacemanSpiff
1 - Ghoti

11 lbs Pacific Jade
4 - Neopol
1 - TheBreweryUnderground
2 - ThirstT
1 - Kieran
1 - Demon
1 - BMason1623
1 - Ghoti

homebrewfrank said:
just want to post my current lists of splits, please make sure this is correct.....if it is not please let me know so i can adjust my notes :D

split list going out:

Forstmeister - MO - half sack

Brewingmeister - C40 - 1/3 sack
Opteek - C40 - 1/3 sack

Scotty77 - Malted Rye - 1/3 sack
Havoc531 - Malted Rye - 1/3 sack

split list coming in:

TheOneBuz - Cara Pils - 1/3 sack (also split with Demon)

Confirming my split if MO. Thanks for offering in the first place!

Ghoti I can give up one of my nelson for you if ypaul doesn't work out.

Any other hops needing closing out?

Group hop buy sounds great, I'll commit to it. At least a portion of it anyway. How many lbs do we have in the current buy, will they let us negotiate a lower commitment with our current buy included...thinking out loud.

I'll take the last # of NB

Added. This closes out both splits, everyone who has not confirmed (list in post #472) please do so here or via PM. I will PM everyone involved with my paypal address and individual cost once Bill gives confirmation of the order.

Confirming my pound of NB

Also, hoping someone picked up the slack on the magnum. I felt like it had started to be picked up. Status update?

ok, i'm giving everyone until midnight to change and replace their grain items. Please do not add anymore and ideally do not drop any sacks of grain either since we are at 164 sacks which is what the ideal count is for including all of the other stuff in the delivery without incurring an extra pallet charge. non grain items can be added unless you need 200 pounds of PBW. If anyone wants to order a significant amount of grain please PM to see what we, the group, can do. Thanks.

Confirming my pound of NB

Also, hoping someone picked up the slack on the magnum. I felt like it had started to be picked up. Status update?
Starman picked up the Magnum split where RC left off and it is filled (Post #443 is where Starman took it over).

Just for confirmation - my sacks, I have split with Wegz Neopol and starman
1/4 each - Black Malt and Roasted Barley.

good for a 1/4 on those as discussed!

Magnum is set, I'll cover the extra LB from RC unless someone is aching for it.

Neopol said:

Yes only a 1/4 of your 3. I haven't brewed enough to justify more. Thanks.

Neopol said:
Bill, any reason we can add most spices except coriander, Trish talked me into an orange/coriander pale..

I'll add it later.

ghoti said:
Neopol - That would be great if I can get one pound of nelson

We'll call that done, but respectfully let's see how ylpauls order processes since you queried him first. We can work our deal out up to day of delivery.

Starman picked up the Magnum split where RC left off and it is filled (Post #443 is where Starman took it over).

ok, thanks for helping me. Things have been going fast and I'm trying to keep up! Starman, here's my confirmation if you're looking for one.

I'm having trouble searching for the oak spirals. I was able to find the toasted oak chips so that's what I added but I tried searching using the keywords Spirals, Wood, Oak and they aren't coming up.

I'm having trouble searching for the oak spirals. I was able to find the toasted oak chips so that's what I added but I tried searching using the keywords Spirals, Wood, Oak and they aren't coming up.

I suggest you use the item ID in the search and see what happens.

Just search oak, then they all come up. Just tinkering, its allowing chips now and the last few buys they were not avail to us. I'll leave em on my order to see; if rejected..just nix em.

cadwallion said:
Added. This closes out both splits, everyone who has not confirmed (list in post #472) please do so here or via PM. I will PM everyone involved with my paypal address and individual cost once Bill gives confirmation of the order.

Confirming 1# NB

Just found out that hop contracts *are* available to home brewer group buys. However, the minimum order would be 330 pounds or 30 boxes (at 11 pounds). Do I sense a hop contracts group buy in the works?

Just spoke to the new sales rep at Country Malt who handles our area. He is going to look into hop contracts and see if they are available for us in significantly smaller quantities than what I was originally told. I will keep everyone informed. In my opinion after talking to him tonight it sounds promising.

Reminder, group buy ends at midnight tonight so if you need to change grain or vendor type do so soon. Feel free to add other non grain items. 164 sacks in 10 days. Pretty impressive in my opinion. I honestly think that ghoti's database made a world of a difference.

bmason1623 said:
Just spoke to the new sales rep at Country Malt who handles our area. He is going to look into hop contracts and see if they are available for us in significantly smaller quantities than what I was originally told. I will keep everyone informed. In my opinion after talking to him tonight it sounds promising.

Bill, you rock. Thanks for you persistence on this.

Ghoti, you too rock. This web interface is a huge convenience.

Thanks guys.

ylpaul2000 said:
Ok here was my Nelson Sauvin purchase. Please confirm, for my sanity, thanks.

Sorry for the late response. Correct. However, I am willing to give up a pound if someone else wants in

ghoti said:
ylpaul2000 - if someone drops out of your nelson I can pick up some

Ghoti so far I have two buyers that haven't confirmed their initial hop split with me. One of them hasn't had any activity since the very beginning of the group buy. If I don't hear back from them soon I can sub you in, if still desired? Unless I fill both spots however I'm going to cancel the order.

EDIT:

I take that back, just one buyer Docgineer hasn't confirmed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back