angry orchard cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonhagen1

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this stuff it is great I would like to mimic it if possible can any one help me I'm a cider newbie thanks

yup there are a few of us trying to mimic it, i'll settle for something close not exact,

i don't know how close mine is yet but the samples have been tasty enough.

i kept it simple 5 gallons of musselmans cider fermented using Nottingham ale yeast, i tried to stop fermentation around 1.01 but it ended up at 1.006 i added 4 cans of apple juice concentrate after stabalizing to bring it up to 1.020

now for taste adjustment i have added 1 tsp of malic acid for some sour apple but that is really mild for a 5 gallon batch i will add another and taste again when i transfer it to keg .

the crisp apple is what i am looking for that stuff is the best cider i have ever had love it does any one know what type of apples they use

the crisp apple is what i am looking for that stuff is the best cider i have ever had love it does any one know what type of apples they use

"We searched the world to find the right orchards, with the right attitude and the best combination of apple types. Our search for particular flavors led us to the traditional growing regions of Europe, where we hand-select bittersweet apples from France and culinary apples from Italy. These areas were ideal because of their soil composition and climate. The wide range of apples used in Angry Orchard cider contributes to the complex flavor profile of each of our cider styles. Our cider makers taste every delivery/batch of juice that comes in."

The above info was found at:
http://angryorchard.com/#!/origins/

Lol, well that should be a gold star for their marketing department! I feel like the only place I can now drink AO is in a field of flowers with fine cheeses sitting next to SWMBO.

I've seen a couple of other threads about AO and as far as I've found no one has a good clone yet, but I've seen at least one other HBT thread guesstimating a maltodextrin addition and a "two step" diet thread (google able) that claims they add High Fructose Corn Syrup...personally I have no idea, but that doesn't stop me from brewing more ciders

forced carbed Edworts Apfelwein, bottled from a keg is very similar to the AO crisp dry.

Edwort's recipe, in my opinion, is just as the title states...apple wine. I think Angry Orchard is marketed more towards the traditional lower ABV cider model.

WilliamSlayer said:
Lol, well that should be a gold star for their marketing department! I feel like the only place I can now drink AO is in a field of flowers with fine cheeses sitting next to SWMBO.

Ditto!

Now that I've brewed my own, AO just isn't great anymore. However, I tried the elderflower AO, and now I'm obsessed with finding some flowers to add to my cider. That doesn't mean I have to turn in my man card does it? Lol.

Now that I've brewed my own, AO just isn't great anymore. However, I tried the elderflower AO, and now I'm obsessed with finding some flowers to add to my cider. That doesn't mean I have to turn in my man card does it? Lol.

Depends, we all have to try it first lol.

Back