Keezer Conversion Kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just purchase a 13 cubic foot Kenmore Chest Freezer that I found on sale. I have been meaning to get a kegerator for some time and I found this freezer on sale so I took the plunge. The freezer will be coming in at the end of the week so I want to put in my order for the necessary equipment to do the conversion but I am not sure exactly what I need or where is the most reputable place to buy from. I found a set of 4 pin lock Corny Kegs from Cornykeg.com for $85 which sounds great for my homebrew. Besides this I am planning on setting up the keezer for 6 taps (I read that it can fit 6 corny's plus a CO2 tank). I am really excited but I also feel a bit overwhelmed right now. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks alot!

I would look into deciding if you want to go with faucets or picnic taps for your keezer. With faucets you will need to build a collar around the top of the freezer and there are many good pictures on this site to give you some ideas of what you might want to try.

I bought much of my kegging equipment from keg connection and I have been fairly satisfied. Other like keg cowboy which I am thinking of using for my next order.

Keep in mind that pin lock kegs are larger in diameter than the more common ball lock kegs. If your source that said you could fit 6 in was based off of ball locks, you should double-check your figures before committing to pin locks (or 6 faucets).

begin looking through the pictures and old keezer build threads. Decide if you want to go all out and build a coffin and skirt, or want an easier collar build, or if you just want to use picnic taps. Make sure you get a temp control, you don't want your beer to freeze. If you decide what style you want, then you can get some more help and I could give you more stuff. Do you have a regulator? A way to split your gas lines? I would suggest this regulator http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290448242198&hlp=false that way you can have 2 different gas pressures. To split the gas lines I suggest https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/connecting-2-co2-distributors-177875/ or some sort. I don't know what of this you already had on your list, and I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, I am trying to help.

I bought a haier 14.8 cf freezer from menards that was on sale for a kegerator conversion. I set it up for 8 taps, I bought 3 towers and mounted them to the top. I was debating on the collar idea but decided to use the towers. I am able to fit 8 5 gallon pin locks and still have room for a case or 2 of beer. It really all depends on the freezer. The first freezer I bought I read someone could fit 4 cornys in there. Well that must have been ball locks cause I could only fit 3 pin locks in there. Returned that and ended up buying this one. I bought most of my supplies from Midwest supplies and the towers I forgot where I bought those from. Good luck with the build!

begin looking through the pictures and old keezer build threads. Decide if you want to go all out and build a coffin and skirt, or want an easier collar build, or if you just want to use picnic taps. Make sure you get a temp control, you don't want your beer to freeze. If you decide what style you want, then you can get some more help and I could give you more stuff. Do you have a regulator? A way to split your gas lines? I would suggest this regulator http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290448242198&hlp=false that way you can have 2 different gas pressures. To split the gas lines I suggest https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/connecting-2-co2-distributors-177875/ or some sort. I don't know what of this you already had on your list, and I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, I am trying to help.

I am planning on having more than 2 kegs so is a dual regulator going to work well on 6 kegs? If one keg is full and one keg is low how will this affect the beer? I have seen posts where people have put a regulator for each keg but that seems a bit like overkill. Thanks again for your help.

Latest posts

Back