So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope to brew this weekend after picking up a grain order from a group buy. Haven't decided what, I'm behind the curve but might do a Saison. (Just in time for winter.) Maybe a wheat (like previous post, haven't done one in a while). Or maybe Green Flash IPA as I haven't made that one yet. Or maybe....crap, I dunno...somebody please tell me what to brew! :)

I am brewing a partial mash California Common/Steam Beer. I am trying for a more traditional, Pre-Prohibition style using krausening as my keg carbonation method. I have never done this before and this is also my first 'lager' as I just bought a Cool Brewing cooler. If anyone has any insights on the krausening, I posted a thread with a bunch of questions, link below. Any insight would be awesome! Link below:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f163/c...-beer-traditional-brewing-357406/#post4452350

Kegging Ed Worts Oktoberfest ale right now

Brewing an American Pale with British ale yeast Saturday

image-3810899726.jpg

After being delayed last week I am hoping to brew a chocolate milk stout and a Honkers Ale Clone. I was writing out my brew schedule this morning and I am packed in from now until Thanksgiving. I need to knock out my xmas beer, an imerial stout, a brown ale, a Surly Bender Clone, 10 gallons of my 609 Breakfast Stout, a moose drool clone, and a Scottish ale for my Dad's retirement party But then again, once wrestling season starts I have very little time to brew beer due to coaching so I need to get a pipeline in the works now. I also need to think of a recipe for my friends Christmas party in late December.

Partial-Mashing a Winter Warmer Recipe
2uepq95.jpg

First runnings in the tub, sparge water absorbing the rest of that sugary goodness. Enjoying a fresh Alt-Toberfest at about a month in the bottle.
jaf62p.jpg

No better Friday night.

Just finished the Dogfish pumpkin ale clone, tomorrow if I have time i'll bottle up the other pumpkin ale and move an IPA into cold crashing.

Hikeon3 said:
Enjoying a fresh Alt-Toberfest at about a month in the bottle.

No better Friday night.

Nice color. I'd like to make a big hoppy ale with that hue. What's your bill?

Nice color. I'd like to make a big hoppy ale with that hue. What's your bill?

It's an extract recipe, but easily converted to all grain.

7# Munich Extract (according to Austin Homebrew, this is 60% 2-row 40% munich)
0.5# CaraVienne
0.5# Melanoidin Malt
1oz Perle @60m
1oz Spalt @15m
WLP029 w/ 2L starter pitched @58F
Ferment 1 week @62F
Ramp to 68F over the course of a week

OG 1.051
FG 1.011

Great body to this beer. Tastes like a decocted lager. Instead it was a quick brew I planned for a weeknight and its ready for October! :ban:

Yup. Friday night was a Belgian Strong Ale. Saturday afternoon may be my KBS clone, but much more likely Sunday. Just made a starter for a trippel with extra wort from the strong ale, so that may end up being next weekend.

Brewing up a Mild today....I forgot I was supposed to have a beer ready for my next club meeting, which is only 10 or 11 days away. So, I decided a mild would do the trick.

My plans for next weekend are an old ale, a celebration ale clone and a chinook ipa!

Got the starters bubbling away! (except the one on a stir plate, that one is just spinning around).

Goose Island Bourbon Stout Clone, and 10 gallons of second runnings (Bourbon Porter).

Transferred my blonde ale from primary to secondary fermenting yesterday. It smelt great!

Now that it is Monday, I can say I'm brewing this weekend. SMaSH beer with 20 pounds of Maris Otter and 8 ounces of Willamette. My first 10 gallon batch on this rig.

ForumRunner_20121001_002159.jpg

Yup. Friday night was a Belgian Strong Ale. Saturday afternoon may be my KBS clone, but much more likely Sunday. Just made a starter for a trippel with extra wort from the strong ale, so that may end up being next weekend.

Today ended up being a barleywine. I racked it onto a yeast cake from my house IPA that I just kegged.

Trippel will be tomorrow or Tuesday as the starter has done very nicely over the last few days.

Had an awesome brew weekend. Did a Hefeweizen Friday night, used a bunch of leftover stuff in the freezer to make an amber ale saturday, then brewed and split a 10 gallon batch with a buddy on sunday.

I will be brewing another IIPA, my 2.5 gallon test batch turned out great, but I want some more pine for flavor/ aroma.
Considering adding a little wheat extract to it. or maybe some rye???

Got a nut brown ready to brew up. Got to rack my first mead, and start my first hard cider! Stoked to try some new things.
It's going to be a fun weekend!

Got to rack my first mead, and start my first hard cider! Stoked to try some new things.

Kick ass. I just ventured into cider for the first time a few months ago. Now I'm wondering why I didn't start years ago. It's so easy and rewarding.

Brewing up a funky saison with WLP585 and a shot of Brett C on Saturday. Stoked!

I actually want to brew this weekend, but my girlfriend comes to my place on that day, she doesn’t allow me to take alcohol. So I will brew next weekend instead of that.

I'll be drinking 2 home brews (chocolate & cherry Oktoberfest and a cream ale) while brewing a pumpkin ale on Monday and I'll be showing a buddy the whole process. I've successfully turned 1 to brew their own and 2 others that want to watch me so they can learn for themselves. That's 3 steps closer to ridding the world of mass-produced barely-drinkable 'beer'!

About to start the boil on my chocolate stout. It's starting to feel a little more like fall here in Austin, when its ready in a couple months hopefully it'll be perfect weather for it!

Stella is ready for pckg, so I need to brew the Oktoberfest with the washed yeast cake. Might make it a double on Saturday and get Biermuncher's Newcastle clone off and running as well.

Did a double batch once and it got a little tiring.

I have ingredients arriving tomorrow for a Belgo Porter. Recipe below:
- 5# Rahr 2-row
- 5# Munich
- 2# Belgian Special B
- 1# Pale Chocolate
- 2oz Santiam (1 @ 60 and 1 @ 30)

Using WLP575 White Labs Belgian Style Ale Yeast Blend. Not 100% sure how this one is going to turn out, but excited none the less!

Just finished up my chocolate stout. Still coming in low on my efficiency even with discovering my thermometer was out of calibration, making the adjustments for efficiency in my beersmith, and still hit every temp all the way through the brew day. Anyway, still got what I wanted out of the day and got the beer in the closet.

I did pitch the cake of US-05 from a black ipa I racked to secondary today onto the stout, which is a first for me. Im hoping for a super vigorous fermentation. Fingers crossed!

Back