So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really considering brewing the dead ringer all grain kit today. I think I'll have Just enough time

Doing an all grain Rye Saison. A buddy is doing a Founders Red Rye clone as well. Going to be a great weekend.

Tallgrass Velvet Rooster, first recipe using a starter.. I'm so excited I wont be able to sleep tonight.

Should be hops deep by noon tomorrow.

Brewing a blonde on Monday as the start for a blueberry blonde. A test batch for my brothers wedding next year. Hopefully ill have a new burner for it!

Hop bursted Nelson Sauvin Saison tonight and simcoe, amerrilo, centeniell American wheat tomorrow.

I brewed the all grain dead ringer ipa this morning. I miss calculated my strike temp and this missed my mash temp. Which then I think also made my OG lower than it should have been. Came in at 1.052 instead of 1.064. Which has me a bit worried. Oh well, we'll see how it comes out.

You're doing whaaaa?

Yeah sounds ridiculous and will probably be terrible I know!

I'm brewing my entry into a homebrew club competition tomorrow. My homebrewing club runs a competition that encourages people to push the envelope and get outside of their comfort zone. You are forced to pick special ingredients and yeast from a preselected list, then use a preselected grain bill. You are allowed to modify your malt by roasting/toasting/smoking it. Epic failures are applauded more so than playing it safe. The event is all about learning and growing as a brewer. So I'm going with something that is sure to be terrible :)

Apple Wood Smoked Cinnamon Pomegranate Ale

I smoked the malt 2 weeks ago (my first time smoking malt) and had to pick a minimum of 2 of the following special ingredients: Pomegranate, Cinnamon, Grains of Paradise, Chamomile, Heather, Saffron to go along with the malt bill provided. The "easy route" would have been to do a Pomegranate Chamomile Wheat Beer, but the grain bill didn't have enough wheat in it to make a wheat beer and going the easy route is against the entire spirit of this competition. I did select WLP380 (Hefeweizen IV) yeast because it gives clove and plum notes. Kind of took some inspiration from some Moroccan and Iraqi sauce reductions that use cinnamon, pomegranate, and clove. Then decided to do the apple wood smoking because I naively thought it would also add a small amount of apple flavor to the beer. I figured the smoke would add complexity and the apple and cinnamon pairing was a classic so why not. Now I'm finding out from lots of homebrewers that I'll probably just get some smoke in the profile but no apple. Oh well!

Brewing my first beer this weekend. A nice hearty pumpkin ale. Waiting for the temp to drop so I can add the yeast to my yeast starter. Beginning the brew tomorrow!!! Any thoughts or tips?

V/R,
BrewTech

Amber ale, using a recipe in the recipe section I'm too lazy to reference. First time using candi sugar/syrup/whatever. Drinking too many homebrews.

Pasteurizing my caramel apple cider and making an English cider. Maybe Skeeter Pee too.

I pulled 5 gallons from my sour barrel so I may brew 4-6 gallons to top that back up. Probably 100% wheat. Might also brew another batch of "normal" beer. Been wanting to brew a Vienna lager. I think I have what I need with some substitutions. If not, maybe a PA/IPA.

Brewing up a nice steaming pot full of PBW. Big cleaning day for me. Teardown and inspection of fittings, pumps, hoses. Also pitching a slurry of 7th generation free & clear into a carboy of 100F water. Overnight soak will be what that krausen ring needs.

I will be doing a pale ale as well as a small batch of strawberry blonde. My first double brew day and want to take a small step

Brewing a Orange CPA that I found the recipe for on here. I love the recipe data base. As a noob it really helps me.

Gonna brew a bumped up IPA version of biermunchers blonde about 6.5% abv give or take.

not exactly "brewing" but have a cranberry-raspberry bochet on the stove right now....

Brewing a sour right now. Will be pitching the dregs from a JP Oro de Calabaza and a Timmermans Oude Gueuze and some WLP570.

Finally got a fridge and temperature controller fot a fermentation chamber! So I got to brew for the first time since May. It has been way too hot this summer for me to keep stable fermentation temperatures. But thats a thing of the past. To celebrate I brewed an amber iipa. It feels good to get back in the swing of things!

35 min left on a 90 min boil of a qausi clone of NB's Single Hop unkolsch AG... I dropped the gravity to 1.036 with 5% cane sugar, and because I can't lager for any length of time, I'm going with Nottingham at 59f... I'm hoping for a super dry beer for the BMC crowd but interesting enough with some minor saphir late hopping to keep it interesting for people who like beer.

5.5 gallon no sparge

6.5lb German pils
.5lb Vienna
Mash at 152

.25 oz warrior at 90
.5oz saphir at 30
.5oz saphir at 10
5oz table sugar

Boil for 90min

We'll see...

Back