time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
****, really? I didn't think I would get it haha. Someone else can go if they have something, since I just posted one.

****, really? I didn't think I would get it haha. Someone else can go if they have something, since I just posted one.

alright, but this one is too durn easy.

DSC00198.jpg

He didn't even give another hint. 4 guesses is really lame. I'm gonna say APA, let you have the English

Your red background made the pale look amber, which was really gay, so I'm going to just take it!

Your red background made the pale look amber, which was really gay, so I'm going to just take it!

ahhh. i didn't even think about it. that was my deck color. a few hundred viewings and you take it for granted, i guess.

DSC00197.jpg

Next hint:

The style is not defined by the BJCP. At least, not when it has a low ABV like this.

So are you saying then, that a higher abv version of this beer has a BJCP designation and is known by a different name, and that this beer is not a BJCP beer but follows the basic idea of the higher abv beer but in a low gravity version?

bottlebomber said:
So are you saying then, that a higher abv version of this beer has a BJCP designation and is known by a different name, and that this beer is not a BJCP beer but follows the basic idea of the higher abv beer but in a low gravity version?

Pretty much!

There's only one thing off about what you said... but it shouldn't mislead you. Part of the reason I was struggling to be perfectly clear is because I wanted to maintain a bit of ambiguity with it at this point, and so had to phrase things in a very specific way. The language you chose falls on the wrong side of that ambiguity. But clever players might be able to detect this ambiguity now, for a pretty solid extra hint!

Also, higher ABV versions of this beer do not *always* have a BJCP designation (as there's quite a bit of variability allowed with this "style"), just the majority of them.

Next hint: all of the guesses here have been from the wrong country of origin. Except...

bottlebomber said:
Its so orange it looks like a pumpkin ale... is it some type of Farmhouse Ale?
These are technically without a specific origin, as far as I'm concerned, as they are incredibly broad.

And no, it's not a farmhouse ale.

I want to say 16c or 16d but I think I'm wrong because of your last comment.
It's a little early! Let me have another cup-o-Joe!
Bull

bullinachinashop said:
I want to say 16c or 16d but I think I'm wrong because of your last comment.
It's a little early! Let me have another cup-o-Joe!
Bull

He told us its not among the BJCP categories...

Okay. Um... remember how I said I was being ambiguous about something?

If you increase the ABV to the point where it then has a BJCP designation, there is actually MORE THAN ONE possible BJCP designation.

Back