Natty Never Tasted this good!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockfordWhite

Reaction score
natty_keg.jpg

Took this picture while brewing an imperial IPA in my Natty Keggle... Thought it was really cool and decided to share...

Also, how many of you came into this thread ready to yell about somebody actually like Natural Light?

to each their own if they like natti, hell, i still enjoy PBR :D

Around my apartment there is a bunch of falling crud from the trees all over the place, and more than once I would look in my beer and see tons of crap that go into the pot...

Because of this, sometimes when i brew, i use a universal lid that i purchased at Big Lots, and cover part of the hole (i leave a break), to ensure that I don't let too many nasties into my pot...

Hate to say it, but you might want to move your boiling kettle to a spot where you don't have nasties falling into your brew... you need to leave your kettle open during the boil to allow unwanted chems to evaporate (most notably DMS!)

Well, I live in an apartment with a balcony, so there really isn't anywhere else to put it... I leave a substantial size hole on one of the sides, and figured that was enough...

Usually this is just an issue during the fall (when this picture was taken)... Maybe next fall i'll try getting a splash screen lid and putting it on top rather than a covered lid... Would that be sufficient you think?

Brew umbrella! Or just find some way to set up a tarp a good distance above your kettle.

But did you make sure to get all the urine cleaned out of the keg first? We wouldn't want any of those flavors contaminating your IIPA.

First, that keg appears to have been in good shape before you stole it and made it unusable as a keg. Second, using a lid on the stolen keg is not a good idea and you should find another way to keep debris out of your brew. Third, I have a feeling that you could never come close to brewing a beer as clean and refreshing as natty because it will be full of DMS.

First, that keg appears to have been in good shape before you stole it and made it unusable as a keg. Second, using a lid on the stolen keg is not a good idea and you should find another way to keep debris out of your brew. Third, I have a feeling that you could never come close to brewing a beer as clean and refreshing as natty because it will be full of DMS.

nice contribution to the thread

Wow, that's pretty presumptuous of you to claim the keg is stolen! maybe he purchased it from a brewery; that is how I got mine.

Anyway, op, I thought the picture was quite humorous. Hope the IPA turns out well.

Back