Photos of abandoned Dixie Brewery - New Orleans, LA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did they make beer there or horror movies. Those are fing creapy for a brewery or for any place. Granted it has seen better days but wow. Nice pictures though, I'm guessing you took them on a polaroid shoot and shake type camera.

I'm guessing you took them on a polaroid shoot and shake type camera.

I wish they were my pictures, but they're not. A friend took them.

During Katrina that building had anywhere from 8-10 ft of water in it. From a separate article:

"Joe Bruno went back to the brewery this past week, in company with New Orleans police officers. “Everything that wasn't stainless steel is history,” he says. “The conveyor and other parts of the bottling line are corroding already. The worst thing is the stench, and the fact that everything is covered with a greenish film. I was wearing white surgical gloves, and after an hour they were completely green.” According to Joe, the most serious damage to the facility occurred in the warehouse area. “Everything was destroyed,” he says. “We lost 10,000 cases of beer, and a large soft drink inventory.”

Those photos are stunning, beautiful, and very sad. I have a fondness for grand old buildings, and that looked like it might have been quite impressive in it's heyday. Just another architectural casualty of Katrina

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the link, I love abandoned buildings and pics. I'd rather the pics were in B&W though or at night with long exposure. The HDR is cool but a bit much, makes the pics look like a video game or something.

Thanks for the link, I love abandoned buildings and pics. I'd rather the pics were in B&W though or at night with long exposure. The HDR is cool but a bit much, makes the pics look like a video game or something.

I was going to say the same thing. I figured zombies were going to start popping a la Resident Evil. Neat effect though, I kind of dig it.

Awesome pics though. I love old buildings.:rockin:

Great pics.

If you guys want to see more abandoned brewery photos, the tribute page for Falstaff Brewery has pictures of many of their breweries as well as a well done history of the Company.

http://www.falstaffbrewing.com/ftwayne.htm

It has pics like this;

ftw25.jpg

This one gets me, because I would kill from some plastic bottle crates like these.

ftw14.jpg

There's is awesomes pictures and video of the Dow Brewery in montreal canada.

I live on the corner next to the bewery and after 50 year of being abandoned it has been bought by my university and they are building a R&D center.

Very cool. Exploring abandoned buildings is an incredible experience that I highly suggest to anyone who has the opportunity. It is truly a glimpse into the grimy and very real world of street people and general decay.

I recently had a chance to explore an abandoned building in Milwaukee (Sydney Hih) and it was one of the most striking experiences on my life. This building had been condemned and closed for almost 10 years. The whole thing was inhabited by homeless and all sorts of people and groups...

Back