Snowed in - Not.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well it's it a outstanding 32°f today and a ridiculous 4 inch of snow.
Trains and planes are cancelled, schools and colleges have shut down.

All this crap and hardy enough to make a snowman.

What a farce.

Well, better people panic than zoom along in their 4x4s thinking it gives them god-like powers. Last snow here, most of the accidents I saw were people with four wheel drive. I just stayed home. (Didn't really have a choice as my van wouldn't start. )

david_42 said:
Well, better people panic than zoom along in their 4x4s thinking it gives them god-like powers. Last snow here, most of the accidents I saw were people with four wheel drive. I just stayed home. (Didn't really have a choice as my van wouldn't start. )

Well what's three solid inches of ice compared to my 4x4's awesome towing capacity, I ask you? ;)

Hell, in my area we have set monthly records for lowest snowfall on record every month this winter so far. AND I'M COMPLAINING!!!! I love the snow. Though at this point I bet everyone would freak out if we got a good 10".

SWMBO is from Michigan, moved out here to Boston two years ago. She has yet to see a "real" NE winter. She think we are all lying to her that we used to get some serious snow......

glibbidy just beat me to it. So it's not looking like this over there orfy?

(today - upstate NY)
newt1.ny.snow8.ap.jpg

:off:

Am I the only one who gets jealous on this side of the pond knowing that Orfy is probably enjoying a nice malty beverage while we're stuck at work?

desertBrew said:
Am I the only one who gets jealous on this side of the pond knowing that Orfy is probably enjoying a nice malty beverage while we're stuck at work?

That's why I got the knob creek stashed in my desk for the zany days!

glibbidy said:

That's why I got the knob creek stashed in my desk for the zany days!

And he's got nothing to be jealous of from us. What, that we're sleeping, or just got into work? :cross:

Back