Launching BrewGeeks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tknice

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm really not sure where to post this, but since I've loved checking out everyone's projects over the years, I thought I would post a link to some of ours.

I've been working on a website called BrewGeeks and the goal is to keep it up to date with homebrewing news and funny articles but most importantly, share what we have learned and catalog some of the DIY projects we've done.

There is still lots to come but please check it out. :D

www.brewgeeks.com

Thanks!

-TK

EDIT: Hey all, BrewGeeks has a lot more content up since I originally posted this and the blog is rolling nicely too. If you have a DIY post that is written up with pics, please let me know because I'd love to add it. We are working on gathering as many great DIY projects as we can find to consolidate them in one place.

Send a pm or contact us on the site...whatever you like.

Cheers!

Thanks guys, ya it's not too hard to make a blog these days since there are lots of site builders out there. I remember making sites back in the day and it took so much time to get content up. I used weebly for brewgeeks if you want to check it out. Let me know if you decide to try it because I think I can refer you for something--don't know what though haha.

Do you have any feedback/suggestions for the site? I'm gonna work hard over the next few months on content and get all of the coming soon categories ready. I tried to think of all of the major areas of brewing that I have experience with and keep it as simple as possible with lots of pictures--kind of what I wanted when getting started (sorry, I know the ferm chamber wasn't simple lol). Also, I'll get BIAB pics up next weekend.

Aside from that stuff, my thought was to post a blog entry every few days to keep it fresh. I don't think I'll do forums though--just let people post comments post by post like other blogs do.

The last thing is I don't really know how to promote it besides adding a link to my signature. I guess it will just take time for people to find me.

Cheers! :mug:

-TK

tknice,

Great site. I like the idea on making mason jars of starter wort ahead of time all at once.

Where are you in MD ?

I am in Kingsville.

I like your brew log on Google Docs. Currently I'm using MS Word for my brew log... I may need to steal your idea!

tknice,

Great site. I like the idea on making mason jars of starter wort ahead of time all at once.

Where are you in MD ?

I am in Kingsville.
Heya Windsors, I think I'm south west of you--out 70w toward Frederick.

Glad you liked the starters guide. It really makes things easy.

Yeah that Brew Log is great. Count me in as the second person to steal some things from it! haha. I love the map. Had no idea you could even do that.

Cool site. Like the BIAB walkthrough. I've just started doing all-grain (first batch today actually). Think I'll try a BIAB tomorrow.

Yeah that Brew Log is great. Count me in as the second person to steal some things from it! haha. I love the map. Had no idea you could even do that.

Yeah, me either. My friend (scoundrel on the forums) showed me and I loved it too. It made me realize I need to brew other styles. haha

Cool site. Like the BIAB walkthrough. I've just started doing all-grain (first batch today actually). Think I'll try a BIAB tomorrow.

Thanks Red.. Hopefully next weekend I'll get some pics to go along with the BIAB walkthrough because the ones I've taken so far wouldnt do it justice.

Congrats on moving to all-grain! I think you'll love the control it brings.

There's also something about the smell of the grain... MMMmmmm

Great blog. Added it to my list of favorites as well.
Thanks guys, glad you like it. :D

We have a post coming up shortly on how to make carbonator caps for plastic bottles. Using these, you can shake up and sample a liter of beer while the rest of the 5 gallons is carbonating.

Hey all, BrewGeeks has a lot more content up since I originally posted this and the blog is rolling nicely too. If you have a DIY post that is written up with pics, please let me know because I'd love to add it. We are working on gathering as many great DIY projects as we can find to consolidate them in one place.

Send a pm or contact us on the site...whatever you like. :)

Cheers! :mug:

Back