Peristaltic Pump Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring_Chicken

Reaction score
Recently lifted too much and injured my neck causing all kinds of fun. It looks like I'll be fine with time, but for now I can't lift more than 10 pounds. That means that my 30 gallons of beer in primary has to sit until I can either get someone out to lift carboys or my recently purchased peristaltic pump comes. I saw someone using one for brewing a while back and was blown away at how useful they can be.

My question is about tubing. I'll probably need to get the tubing asap so these beers can get off the hops. I bought a Cole-Parmer MasterFlex 7520-25 with quick load off of eBay. The tubing sizes listed are not standard silicone sizes. Will this machine fit the 3/8" silicone line that I already have, or will I need a different size?

Anyone else out there have experience with these pumps that might be useful?

Thanks - Paul

That pump takes tubing in sizes from L/S #13 (0.03" ID) to L/S #18 (0.31" ID) from the looks of it your 3/8" line will be too big :(

-Walter

actually looking at the spec for the L/S #18 tubing it says it takes a 3/8" hose barb...so best thing is to try it...may be a tight fit but it may just work

-Walter

Thanks Walter! Not even your pump and you're helping me out... You're a real stand-up guy.

Those ID/OD measurements are exactly what I was looking for.

I just got one of your March pumps for my birthday in the middle of December but hurt myself the next day. I can't wait to try it out. At least I have the time now to set it up and do a test run before I actually brew on it, and when the doc gives me the OK I'll be ready to try out a basic HERMS system. It's like the Renaissance around here.

- Paul

Back