Single Tier plumbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgarino

Reaction score
I'm almost complete with my build, but have a question on the gas plumbing..
Just as a visual it's a brutus type clone with no gas tube. I was going to run exterior gas plumbing.

Why is everyone using 1/2" Black pipe and not 3/8"??

I used 1/4" for my whole gas system. I guess you can use larger if you want, but I had trouble getting the pressure I needed for twin 10" banjo burners with larger pipe.

attachment.php
Are you using an electric valve to open and close your burners?

Yes, I have temp control switches that turn them on and off,

I too am planning to run exterior gas plumbing on my build so keep the updates coming!!
good luck:ban:

I always thought you were suppose to match your current plumbing your splicing into is. But then again, I have not pulled the trigger on this conversion yet.

Also what did you use as pilots??

Thanks for your help

For my pilots, I just tee ed off the main 1/4" line and used a compression fitting and 3/8" soft copper, flatted the end and a 1/4" ball valve to control the flow. Kinda primative but it works great.

The gas valves are just some 1/4" 110vac soliniod valves I picked up off e-bay.... hooked to the temp control on/off switches on the control panel.

Back