Beer suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadcactus

Reaction score
I'm trying to get out there and expand the beers I've tasted. What are some of the sparkling examples of what beer can hope to achieve? Looking for beer distributed in Texas.

Are you asking for sparkling examples of wheat beer? If so, are you talking about American wheat or German wheat? As far as an American wheat I love Boulevard's wheat. As far as a German wheat, I still love me some Paulaner.

Any style. To clarify, I meant sparkling as in the "shining example of" rather than carbonation. Probably a poor word choice on my part given the context...

San Antonio

I started out with Dos Equis/Corona/Tecate as my go-to beers a long ago. Moved to Blue Moon a while after that. Now, Sierra Nevada Pail Ale is my go-to beer for stocking the fridge but I try to mix it up if I go out to a bar or HEB has something interesting.

I can't remember a lot of what I've tried as it's usually just a random selection, though I think I've given a good number of Belgian Abbey style beers a good variety of Pale Ales.

I've also tried a lot of the bigger named international beers: Sapporo, Heineken, Presidente, Famosa, Xenu, Old Speckled Hen, San Miguel.

I plan to pick up Arrogant Bastard next time I go shopping, because I here a lot of good things about it and Stone Brewers.

I guess I'm just trying to taste some of the beers that are constantly being referenced to in homebrew circles or that serve as good representations of what the various styles look and taste like...

I think the Arrogant Bastard is definitely a good start.

You might consider joining http://www.beeradvocate.com and figuring out what you have had, and what style they were and on the site you can easily find other beers in the same style.

BUT if you live in SA I say definitely go check out Freetail brewing...
good portal into beer culture down there.
My next stop when I am down in the hill country

http://www.freetailbrewing.com/

Back