Air filter question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magno

Sound Level Technician
Reaction score
I use a system similar to the picture to aerate my wort. The air filter (the white piece) slipped into the iodofor solution last time I was using it. I wound up using it for that batch anyways, since I was in a pinch, but now wonder if I should replace it. Will submersion in liquid compromise this piece? How often should they be replaced?

Thanks for your replies

-magno

1612.jpg

OOPS forgot this....

They should be replaced 'once a year' anyway (given 'normal usage' which I would say is 12 batches a year) and at their cheap price, just replace it and remove any concern you may have. I have no factual backing but I would think that the fine weave of these filters would be damaged by submersion.

DyerNeedOfBeer said:
They should be replaced 'once a year' anyway (given 'normal usage') and at their cheap price, just replace it and remove any concern you may have. I have no factual backing but I would think that the fine weave of these filters would be damaged by submersion.
i agree...

Latest posts

Back