Munton's 4-5 days for fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timcadieux

Reaction score
I made 2 batches this weekend and was astonished to see the label say that the fermentation would be done in 4-5 days. Now, does that mean I bottle after 4-5 days or that i'm expected to move it to another 'carboy' for another 10 days or so before bottling?

I did the Muntons continental lager and the muntons special anniversary premium ale.

That just means active fermentation will be done on average, yours could take longer depending on many factors, after fermentation the yeast take a while to clean up after themselves. I would never consider touching the beer for at least 2 weeks, i may rack to a secondary after about a week if I am adding fruit or something otherwise i just leave it in the primary.

Yeah,in that amount of time initial fermentation will be over. It'll then slowly,uneventfully creap down to FG. Another 3-7 days to clean up & settle out clear or slightly misty & you're good to go.

OK, so I'll just go my usual route of 14 days. I'm curious, you can add fruit??

OK, so I'll just go my usual route of 14 days. I'm curious, you can add fruit??

fruit, juices, hops, all kinds of things can be added to a beer after the initial fermentation.
i have a black cherry porter that i added black cherry juice in the secondary.
just got my first taste of that today, almost taste like wine.
i have a cranberry wheat in the secondary right now.

I just made an amber ale all active fermentation was done in 5 days so I added my dry hops and plan on bottling in 10

Back