Favorite beer flavor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favoirte beer flavor?

• Hop

• Roast

• Malt

• Yeast

• Esters

• Caramel

• Alcohol

• Sour

• Dry

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bosh

Reaction score
Seems like most of the people on this board mostly talk about malty or hoppy tastes. Personally I'm a big fan of pretty much any beer with a strong roasty taste....

YooperBrew said:
I love those hops! All hops, all the time.

My hop-headedness is growing. I voted malt because I still look for a malty flavor, but now that I've learned how to mix hops for flavor and aroma I'm really starting to dig on them. My AIPA may be in my top 3 beers to date.

I have to say that I loves me a bitter beer. But I am more into bitterness and flavor from the hops than the aroma.

I love hoppy brews, but I can also appreciate low IBU beers for what that they present whether that be maltiness, caramel, etc.

How does one go about distinguishing the flavors?

I drink, I like all types of beers.. I picked up a 4-ping pack of Bodingtons Pub Ale, to me it's a little bitter (zingy tongue feel). I'd assume that is the hops?

I know I love the stuff, and appreciate most of the differences..but no clue really as to what makes what what!? I guess I'll learn more as I brew..

:mug: It's kind of like picking your favorite child, I love them all even if they all have their different personalities!:D

+1 for malt. I like all sorts of maltiness whether it be roasted, chocolately, smooth caramel, etc. Bring on the malt!

I favor hops, but balanced is better. I tried Stone Arrogant Bastard for the first time this weekend, and never thought I would find something too hoppy for me, until then.

I had to vote other.

It's got to be balanced but different beers have a different edge.

Some need to be hoppy
Some need to be malty
Some need to be yeasty.

Etc.., etc., etc.

Tenchiro said:
Roast is the Ralph Nader of the Malt heads. :p He so lost the race for you guys.

Yeah, roast, caramel and malt should all count as malt. Unless we want to add flowery and bitter as categories as well. :p

Back