Stainless Quick Disconnects... out of stock everywhere?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellzey

Reaction score
Morebeer.com BACKORDERED
homebrewforless.com OUT OF STOCK

Looking to set up my ball valves and pumps with stainless quick disconnects I can put on my silicone hose.

Can't seem to locate reasonably priced fittings.

Anyone have some other sources?

Thx,

Q

kellzey said:
Morebeer.com BACKORDERED
homebrewforless.com OUT OF STOCK

Looking to set up my ball valves and pumps with stainless quick disconnects I can put on my silicone hose.

Can't seem to locate reasonably priced fittings.

Anyone have some other sources?

Thx,

Q

You can always get those Cam Lock QDs or whatever they're called. I use the ones you're talking about and it sucks that everyone has been out of stock so long, because I don't have as many as I need, but since I've already got about $200 worth of them, it's kind of too late to switch :/

I'm still trying to find a reliable source of stainless steel spring type disconnects.

We stock the camlocks.

They are the same and will interchange with all the 1/2" size camlocks being sold.
Here is a picture of how they work:
camexample.jpg

I love my camlocks. I strongly recommend them. I can't see reason to get the spring type unless you already have some.

I love my camlocks. I strongly recommend them. I can't see reason to get the spring type unless you already have some.

+1

With a little practice one handed connect/disconnect is not all that difficult. Flow rate is much better with camlocks as well. My only issue is more runoff when disconnecting after using. They hold more residual liquid then the spring lock disconnects I used to use. Have a towel handy to catch it.

I bought all Cam Locks after seeing Bobby M's video about them. Very happy with my choice.

I was looking everywhere for the QD's also. After a little while i got tired of it and went with the camlocks....at half the price of the QD's, I'm so glad i went with the Camlocks.

+1 to the Camlocks

I'll get on the camlock train. I had just barbs beforehand, and thought it wouldn't actually be that big of a difference, but I was impressed with how much I actually liked using them on brew day, and I recommend them to any brewers that are building their sculptures.

on the proflowdynamics barbs for 1/2" tubing, i measured their wide barbs at .38" ID (advertised as .39") whereas some of my other barbs are .31" ID. The also have normal sized barbs so don't assume .38/.39 for all their product.

on the proflowdynamics barbs for 1/2" tubing, i measured their wide barbs at .38" ID (advertised as .39") whereas some of my other barbs are .31" ID. The also have normal sized barbs so don't assume .38/.39 for all their product.

Hmm, the ones they sent me last year measure exactly .32" ID, just verified with my calipers. They must have changed suppliers.

My issue has resolved itself. Thank you everyone for your input.

Are the camlocks any good?

LOL just kidding.

I exchanged some e-mails with them in April 2011 trying to find the least obstructed fittings for my pump input. At the time Michael indicated they would be receiving them shortly, and they didn't have them in Q1 for my first order.

http://store.proflowdynamics.com/modules/store/1-2-Hose-Barb-WIDE-ID_P164959C12074.cfm

Just FYI. Our 1/2 male NPT x 1/2" hose barbs has the largest ID you can get without moving to a 1/2 male NPT x 5/8" hose barb.

In stock and available now.

I went with the female threaded cams and full-flow hosebarbs that have a much larger opening. I'm pretty sure it's a 5/8" hosebarb, but the 1/2" silicone slides right over without a hitch.

B

Back