The Yard House?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianTheBrewer

Reaction score
Hey, so has anyone ever been to one of these? Looks like they have a ton in California, Texas, Arizona and other states. They are putting one here in MA and I am wondering if it is any good. They say they have more beer on tap than anyone else out there.

We just ate there (San Antonio, TX) Saturday night for Valentines Day with some friends. Great food and the beer selection was awesome!
:ban:
We'll definately be going back.

They have a great beer selection, with styles that you would not typically find. They generally keep their lines clean, though I have had 1 or 2 beers that have had diacetyl issues (a Fullers London Pride and another English brew - definitely difficult beers to keep pristine if they aren't heavy turners). This is definitely a place I go out of my way to go to when I'm in West Palm beach, as they have good beer, good food, and Florida has more bars with poorly tended kegs/beer lines than anywhere I've ever been.

My wife and her friend fell in love with the Youngs Chocolate Stout. (Guess whose been researching Chocolate stout recipes ever since.) ;) We didn't try it, but I noticed they even have a draft beer float on their desert lineup using it and vanilla ice cream. Maybe next time.

On the far wall, there were huge windows displaying their cold room with kegs upon kegs upon kegs (me=kid in candy store). Then there were huge pipes going from the cold room over head and down into the bar in the center. I mentioned to the wife that I envisioned one day having something similar piped into our kitchen... she didn't seem as enthusiastic for some reason.:D

I've been to three Yardhouses, and they're all good. The beer selection is always good, the food is also good, albeit a tad over priced. Try the mac n cheese! :D

I went there for the first time last night. It is awsome just like everyone said they have a large selection of beers, a keg room to make you drool, and pretty good food. Theyr beer was mixed nothing crazy like hard to find beers, the beer menu was cool because they seperated the beers by style, so first you decided what style you want then pick whitch beer from that style sounded best. I think it was a good experience and I'll deffinatly be going back.

There is one near Golden, CO. I have been there many times. It is good. They have good food and a great beer selection on tap. I like it and would recommend it.

Just don't order a "yard" - it comes in a 32 oz glass shaped like those long ones you see in Vegas. So when you're halfway done, it hits you in the face. Just buy two pints, you'll be happier, if you like to sip, and not wear, your beer.

They don't have any in Oregon. To me this says they can't hack it in Beervana.

+ amen.

I've been to the on at LA Live a couple of times and its not half bad--especially for LA Live. Still, it irks me that they say they have more beers on tap than anywhere else... I'm pretty sure Henry's in PDX has more. But, more to the point, if you take out all the BMC and similar beers (tecate, corona, etc) their taplist gets cut in half. The first time I went I was utterly dismayed that there wasn't a single beer I hadn't tried already or knew I wouldn't like.

Plus-- and this is just the peevish ex-bartender in me-- the girls they had tending bar are ridiculous. First time I went, I had 3 pints. In that time, I saw 2 dropped glasses, 6 miss pours (those poor neglected pints just sat under their respective taps), and one wtf moment when a bartender opened a tap and then walked away allowing the pint to overflow for a solid minute.

I've been to the one down by West Palm, FL. We...uh...hydrated ourselves after a day of diving. :)

Awesome selection and the food was great, though a bit high priced.

Back