Inexpensive 1/6 keg suggestions wanted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
Hey all. I usually have 1-2 commercial 1/6 kegs on tap at any given time. I used to get kegs from Florida Beer at a VERY reasonable price but they have raised their prices and are an hour away from home. There is a place in town that tells me they can get "any" beer but I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

I'm looking for suggestions of craft/import/non-macro for under $50 that is available in Florida. I'm interested in Belgian wits (for SWMBO) and anything else in that price range for me that isn't MegaBland. IPA, stout, bitter, brown...I'm not picky. :D

I just picked up a keg of Shock Top for SWMBO for $43 but wondered if I could be lucky enough to find a better replacement in my range.

Thanks and sorry for the novel. lol

If you payed $43 for shock top, I doubt you'll find much better for the same amount.

I was going to suggest Hoegarden, Celis, etc.

Ha! Yes, they're nice to have around. But, my beer seems to dissappear pretty quickly when they're over.

I've been trying to figure out how to make a magnetic beer donation box for the kegerator. Up until now the homebrew and commercial has been free at Lord Fezzington's House of Beer. Methinks it is time for a wee bit o' compensation. :mug:

Back