• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California HERMS Brewing System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman331

Reaction score
I am new to the forum (long time viewer) and have hit a bind. I was in the process of completing my HERMS system after reading Kal's book (theelectricbrewery.com). I have been blessed with a baby that's due in December so I need to sell my system and use the money for my child.

The system is not complete and may be parted out if required. The system uses legitimate keggles that have been cleaned, leak tested, and sanitized. There are quick couplings, silicon tubing, and a few miscellaneous stainless parts (a list of the remaining parts required may be furnished at request of the buyer) that need to be ordered in order for the system to be complete.

What's included:
1)Electric Brewery Control Panel (30A) - purchased from the Electric Brewery e-store as an assembled unit. Will be shipped in original shipping box. Tested and working 100%

2) Heating Element Kits ( Installed on Boil Kettle and Mash/Lauter Tun ) – assembled and purchased through Electric Brewery e-store.

3) Temperature Probe Kits ( Qty. 3) - purchased from the Electric Brewery e-store.

4) Boil Kettle, Mash/Lauter Tun, and Hot Liquor Tank keggles. They need to have weldless fittings tightened before the first brew. The pickup for the Mash/Lauter Tun needs to be lengthened to fit through the false bottom.

4) Blichmann Therminator Plate Chiller ( with back-flush hose assembly )

5) Chugger SS-C Pumps ( Qty. 2)

I am willing to part out the system as needed, but would ultimately prefer to sell the entire system as a package. I can provide an itemized parts list, if required, for all items in the system it an interested buyer requests.

Shipping restrictions (Continental US only. If entire system is purchased freight charges will apply )

Potential buyers feel free to ask questions. The items sold in this system have been unused and are sold AS-IS.

Asking price for entire system: $ 2,800.00
Asking price for control panel: $ 1,900.00

BK.jpg

CP.jpg

HLT.jpg

MTLT.jpg

Congrats!!!!

I just ordered (by Just i mean 12 weeks ago) the 50A panel, I am hoping to have it in the next few weeks...

Not sure how much you are looking to part out but I may be interested in Hi Temp hoses and stainless QD. Which pumps are they? I may be interested in them too.

If you don't find a buyer for the complete system, I'm interested in the plate chiller. Let me know what you'll take for it. Thx

Oh man, I would love to get this whole system, been saving for the Kal set up but still have to get 30amp installed in my place.

Interested in selling one or both of the pumps? PM me what you would want.

Good luck, and congrats!

Congratulations on the baby, hope you don't have to give up the hobby altogether. We need more local brewers

I'm still selling. I'll respond to all PM's by late tonight or tomorrow early AM. Returning home from a business trip and I apologize for any late replies.

Back