LHBS with kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx_shooter

Reaction score
Anyone know of a LHBS in DFW that has used ball lock kegs? I'm tired of hunting for the best deal online to only find the S/H tries to bend me over the table.

Try craigslist. Just checked DFW quick and found 3 posted the other day for $60 each (ouch!). If you're patient you can probably score a few for a good price. If not throw up a WTB on craigslist and see what you come up with.

Homebrew hq in Richardson

Thanks, I'll have to find them and see what they have.

Try craigslist. Just checked DFW quick and found 3 posted the other day for $60 each (ouch!). If you're patient you can probably score a few for a good price. If not throw up a WTB on craigslist and see what you come up with.

I scored two off of CL; but apparently seller's lately have not wanted to return my emails.

Stubby's has them.

Thanks, I'll look them up.

Well damn. After checking the suggested stores ($70 and $60) it might just be a wash for me to find them online once I pay for gas to go pick them up plus taxes.

That Plano guy hasn't responded to my email; MoreBeer and the Dallas Home Brew Store are about equal once I add gas to the equation. I'm coming up from the Granbury area so nothing is close for me.

I'm still keeping an eye out for a deal close/local; only problem was I have one beer in the keg and another kit coming that I want on tap. I have two kegs - no problem; except my wife wants a beer on tap too. Sooo I'm hunting a third keg. lol

Foreman's General Store in Colleyville has them every great now and then. It doesn't seem like a stocked item. I've just seen various kegs on the floor before and if they are out, they are for sale. You could always call and ask. It's a cool shop with home brew, gardening, BBQ, pet supplies and misc other stuff.

Well damn. After checking the suggested stores ($70 and $60) it might just be a wash for me to find them online once I pay for gas to go pick them up plus taxes.

Ya man why aren't you getting a used keg from homebrewstuff or keg connection or something. Seems everyone on Craigs is tryin to get rich....

I did manage to get a keg during the Christmas sales; but since then I haven't picked up another. The biggest issue I tend to run into with kegs online is shipping and handling.

Update: Found one I should be picking up this Saturday. That takes care of the immediate need; but I guess I'll stay on the look out for any "good deals".

Homebrew HQ in Richardson and Winemaker's Toy Shop in Carrollton both have them.

But the price point is high once I add gas or shipping.

Try Keg Connection they are based in Commanche down by Dublin. Not a bad drive from Granbury.

I did not know they were down there; I ride my motorcycle around that area quite a bit. Thanks for the info.

Amazing. He's actually come down on his price. I asked him about a bulk buy in Aug of last year, and he quoted $38 each for a pallet of 20 and $37.50 each for a pallet of 40. Freight threw the price to near $42 per keg. I was thinking about buying a bunch and selling on CL for a profit, but it's not worth the trouble.

Back