What style is this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHeadGrady

Reaction score
I brewed a random batch and need help figuring out what style. The reason is that I just took my first gravity sample and its by far the best beer I have brewed. So far.

Here is the recipe.

10 lbs of Maris Otter, 4 lbs of Vienna, 1lb of chocolate malt, 1 lb of roasted malt. East Kent Goldings was used with an oz at 60' 30' 10. Maybe a little over 3 oz total. Yeast was s 04. BIAB. 23L Batch. That reads 1053 Ithink.

image-944262467.jpg

I brewed a random batch and need help figuring out what style. The reason is that I just took my first gravity sample and its by far the best beer I have brewed. So far.

Here is the recipe.

10 lbs of Maris Otter, 4 lbs of Vienna, 1lb of chocolate malt, 1 lb of roasted malt. East Kent Goldings was used with an oz at 60' 30' 10. Maybe a little over 3 oz total. Yeast was s 04. BIAB. 23L Batch.

I would call it a Chocolate ale

Well, its in the keg and everyone is loving it. Its like a weird cross over between a stout and dark ale. Vienna sits nicely in the mix here. I didn't know what to expect. Final Gravity was 1010, excellent mouthfeel and a marangue type head. One of my best so far. Im super happy.

Thanks guys, I had no idea. I just had a lot of malt sitting around and decided to throw this together. Never had a porter before, but I am now a big fan! I will be making this again no doubt. Especially since my buddies liked it so much. They said it had just enough flavor but didn't have a heavy feel to it.

Yeah, 3 oz of EKG pellet.

I think its called Gangnam Style:cross:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/9bZkp7q19f0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/9bZkp7q19f0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Could not figure out how to embed the video.

Latest posts

Back